IntelliConnect review/warnings - Seeking an alternative

BowserB

Silver Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Katy, Texas
I just did a search and see Pentair Home in the iOS app store. However, it appears to be just for a Pentair water softener. Wonder the status of the Beta tests?

mytfpaccount

Jul 11, 2019
Memphis
I just did a search and see Pentair Home in the iOS app store. However, it appears to be just for a Pentair water softener. Wonder the status of the Beta tests?
CAUTION: Do not download and try to connect your intelliconnect to the Pentair home app. I tried it and it seemed like it was allowing me to start using Pentair home app. After launching the app, it told me i was using Link2o for intelliconnect and asked me if I would like to transfer to Pentair home. I selected yes and it said my intellicommect needed a software update. Half way through the software update it gave me an error. I called support and they said the Pentair home server is not ready and my intelliconnect needs to be replaced. Since mine is under warranty, I will not have to pay for the replacement.

usfbull

May 11, 2020
Tampa FL
Finalizing quotes for building a pool and considering intelliconnect since we will have a simple pool and no spa. Have the issues you were experiencing still occurring?

Talnus

May 2, 2020
Scottsdale, AZ
@pcjackson06 Thanks for the update on the Pentair Home app. My friend uses that with his more expensive Pentair controller and it seems to work great. Fingers crossed it comes soon.

@mytfpaccount I'm sorry this happened to you but am glad Pentair is doing the right thing by replacing the unit. I 100% would have tried this myself if not for your warning.

@usfbull I haven't seen any server issues lately (though there's a solid ~5 second delay switching screens - this has always been the case). If Pentair Home becomes a reality this could be a good product. Until then it's... ok. Better than nothing. If I were building new I would do something else.

Reactions: usfbull

usfbull

May 11, 2020
Tampa FL
@Talnus The thing is I will have a simple pool, no spa, no water features, but will have MicroBrite lights and a SWCG. To upgrade to an Easy Touch is an extra $1,800 above the $400 for the intelliconnect. So the way I see it for me it is either skip automation or go with the intelliconnect.

Talnus

May 2, 2020
Scottsdale, AZ
@usfbull I have basically the same setup (in signature). I don't think the Easy Touch would have been worth $2200. If you like tinkering I'd still pursue the Raspberry Pi and relay solution, but if you want plug and play the Intelliconnect is probably your best bet.

For your pool light, I do recommend picking up a Leviton smart switch that integrates into their "My Leviton" app instead of controlling it with the Intelliconnect. It gives you the ability to set sunrise/sunset with up to 120 minute offsets, and the app is so much better.

Good luck with the new build!