Intellichlor ic40 - please help me understand these settings

Feb 22, 2017
Tampa
Have two questions:

1. There's a pool output and spa output in the picture. What's the difference, and does it really matter if the spa returns are on when the pool mode is on (i.e., for the spill over / waterfall affect)?
2. The salt level shows 3050. But when I utilize the salt kit I purchased from TFP the salt comes in consistently at 4000. Is the IC40 incorrect, or is it measuring something different?

oFp2SV0.png

The Pool Output is when the system is in Pool Mode. The Spa Output is when the system is in Spa Mode.

The K1766 salt test kit is the most accurate. The IC40 out put can be quite a bit off. That is more than normal. Keep an eye on the IC40 that it does not go into a Low Salt condition.

MannyCPA
Just my two cents. mknauss is spot on regarding the high salt reading of the IntelliChlor. My IntelliChlor is also indicating 1000 ppm higher than my K1766 test kit is indicating (I did several tests just to confirm that it was not operator error :) .

Just recently, I even went so far as to have two independent salinity tests performed using conductivity meters. Both tests pretty much confirmed the K1766 test results.
I think I have narrowed the problem down to a defective IntelliChlor EC or Conductivity Sensor which is located within the cell itself.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to call Pentair and ask them to replace the cell (its still under warranty). The problem is that if I do that, then It's likely that I just might end up with the same issue, as this seems to be a recurring theme with the IntelliChlor cells. :mad:
Thanks..
r.

Last edited:
Manny,

When in the Spa mode, it assumes you will be in the spa.. With such a small body of water, you could have a very high chlorine level in the spa as all the water is circulated from the spa, through the filter and IC40 and back to the spa. The ET will automatically reduce the SWCG's output when in the spa mode. You set the amount you want under "Spa Output"..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.