Intellichem ORP UOC COMM ERR

bcinsd

Jul 6, 2015
San Diego, CA
Hi, I have intellichem system with easytouch8 controller and pentair ic-40 chlorinator. Recently my chlorine levelshave been falling. I checked system and noted that system start up and runs normally for awhile. After a bit, Intellichem displays above error message and chlorine production stops. The chlorinator works ok when I take it off intellichem control. I contacted Pentair and the tech told me there must be a loose connection between easytouch8 and intellichem.. He said a communication problem between intellichlor and easytouch8 would give different error code. I opened up both intellichem and easytouch8 and checked connections and all looks good. Don't know what to do next to troubleshoot this issue. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like that message is complaining about the ORP sensor in your IntelliChem and not the chlorinator.

Are you using a chlorine tank or IntelliChlor for the chlorinator?

I would check the Intellichem and the ORP sensor connections.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.