Intellichem IC40 blinking green light when salt level is fine

thptrek

Bronze Supporter
Dec 18, 2014
Houston, TX
The Salt Level led is blinking green which means high salt level. The salt level is at 3680 which I don't think should be registering as high. I did an acid wash of the cell to see if that could be the issue but it is still blinking green. The salt generator is still producing chlorine.

Could it just be a bad salt level sensor in the unit? Would I need to get it fixed or don't worry about it since the unit is working fine?

Thanks.

Your title say Intellichem but your signature does not show one of those. Can you verify?

What test told you the actual salt level was 3680?

High salt in the ICXX is just a warning that the cell senses a salt level above 4500. It will continue to generate.

T,

While the pool store may be right with their salt tests, I have found that they are often way.... way off..

I use the Taylor K-1766 to make sure I can do an accurate salt test that I can trust.

I never trust what the cell reports as the salt level.

"Assuming" that 3680 is correct, then I would replace the Flow Switch assembly.. A pretty easy DIY repair if the unit is out of warranty.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.