Intellicenter2 update to 1.064 and Alexa skill for intellicenter2 not available?

Ame

May 22, 2013
Phoenix Arizona
I just updated my pentair panel to 1.064. I also updated to intellicenter2 app. Alexa. Stopped working. Can't find skill for intellicenter2.

*had to load to phone because intellicenter2 said not compatible on my Samsung tablet, weird because the original app worked fine on my tablet.

I am thinking that the Intellicenter skill was taken down after the latest firmware release. I may be wrong, but I thought I had gone and removed that skill, and then went to re-launch it, and when I did, it was missing.

That being said, I just went and looked and it was there again, so if they did that, it is back up. It is just Intellicenter, there is no Intellicenter 2 skill. I launched it, relinked my account, and it appears that it will provide a status update, but when I ask it to turn on any features, Alexa says "ok" but then may or may not turn them on. It seems it is not turning on the ones associated with my currently running pump. So not sure what is up with that. It'll turn on the ones associated with all of my water features, that is currently winterized and the pump circuit breaker is off.

The Alexa app has always been a little wonky to me. I don't know why the phrase has to be "ask pentair chat" that seems ridiculous. And it is a mouthful. I used the Alexa interface a little bit when I first got the pool. As long as it was working. But it seems it wasn't working more often than not, so I gave up using it and just grab the phone whenever I want to control anything. The only thing we really found it useful for was turning on the spa and getting it heated up. It allowed the kids to do that without having to grab my phone. But I have a dedicated patio phone now; upgraded phones, use the archaic iPhone 6 for the pool and sound controls.

--Jeff

Reactions: mknauss
I am trying to use the Alexa app with 2 pools. Alexa knows there are two pools but if I actually say the command correctly it responds that access to the pool is restricted. I am using the command "Ask Pentair Chat to switch to 'Desert Pool'"
How and where to I remove the "restriction"? The app is properly enabled and there are no other settings inside the Alexa Skill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.