Do you use the IntelliCenter Web-Client and if so, how?

• 1. I only use the web-client for setting up configs. I use the mobile app for pool control.

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • 2. I DO NOT use the mobile app. I use the web-client for setting up configs AND for pool control.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 3. I DO NOT use the web-client. I use the mobile app for both setting up configs and pool control.

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks again everyone for taking the time out to participate.
I am in awe of a regular Joe commanding the attention of a large manufacturer, no matter how much of an enthusiast you are.

I can only imagine how many times you had to 'press one for English' and be told to cycle the power before they kicked you up the chain.

:salut:

I am in awe of a regular Joe commanding the attention of a large manufacturer, no matter how much of an enthusiast you are.

I can only imagine how many times you had to 'press one for English' and be told to cycle the power before they kicked you up the chain.

:salut:
@Newdude
Lol.... Yea, it's kind of funny when I look back on how that all happened. But long story short, the way you described it, isn't too awful far from the truth. 😝 (squeaky wheel gets the grease?)

It took a long time and a lot of emails/teleconferences, etc., to establish a level of trust and honesty on everyone's part. I'm just grateful to be able to spare the time in order to help us all out in some small way, if I can.

And, I'm also very grateful that the various mid/senior level/technical managers and field coordinators are actually willing to let me have a piece of their ear from time-to-time. They don't have to do that. They honestly are trying to improve their customer's experiences with their products. It's just slow going.

We all want improvements in the products that we use, whatever way we can make that happen.
Take care and Thanks much!
r.

Last edited:
Is everyone aware that Pentair is taking away remote access? They are sunsetting both the web and mobile application (IntelliCenter2) in the next 2 weeks (!), and moving users over to the Pentair Home app, which has LOCAL access only. Is there a thread that's talking about this?

I just conferred with the Senior Product Manager for Mobile/Web Applications for Pentair.

According to him, this information is not correct, however he explains why some might falsely think this...

Some users have gone directly to the Pentair Home Mobile Application (PHA) without a migration notification. Then, when they open the PHA app, they only see the "Local" option to connect since they have not started the process in the IntelliCenter2 application (IC2 app). When a user's account has been selected for migration and they follow our instructions starting in the IC2 app, they will see both REMOTE and LOCAL access just as they did in the IC2 app.

Morale of the story here... Don't migrate directly to the (PHA) until you are selected for migration AND then follow the instructions for migration from IC2 to PHA. Otherwise, you might be shooting yourself in the proverbial "foot". Not everyone is selected for migration all at once. They are migrating users in groups. So if you're not selected yet, just sit tight on the IC2 app until you are selected.

I was just told that the Mobile/Web Applications team is updating the communications so as to avoid any future confusion along these lines...

Here are the facts directly from Pentair... "The web portal and remote access are core to IntelliCenter and will continue to be supported and improved upon."

@VirtualChris ... Thanks for the heads up on this. At least we were able to get you an answer pretty quickly... Unless you were singled out for early migration to PHA, recommend that you go back to using the IC2 app until such time as you are notified to migrate. If you were notified already, then follow the migration instructions and you should be squared away. If you have any issues migrating, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Thanks...
r.

Last edited:
I just conferred with the Senior Product Manager for Mobile/Web Applications for Pentair.

According to him, this information is not correct, however he explains why some might falsely think this...

Some users have gone directly to the Pentair Home Mobile Application (PHA) without a migration notification. Then, when they open the PHA app, they only see the "Local" option to connect since they have not started the process in the IntelliCenter2 application (IC2 app). When a user's account has been selected for migration and they follow our instructions starting in the IC2 app, they will see both REMOTE and LOCAL access just as they did in the IC2 app.

Morale of the story here... Don't migrate directly to the (PHA) until you are selected for migration AND then follow the instructions for migration from IC2 to PHA. Otherwise, you might be shooting yourself in the proverbial "foot". Not everyone is selected for migration all at once. They are migrating users in groups. So if you're not selected yet, just sit tight on the IC2 app until you are selected.

I was just told that the Mobile/Web Applications team is updating the communications so as to avoid any future confusion along these lines...

Here are the facts directly from Pentair... "The web portal and remote access are core to IntelliCenter and will continue to be supported and improved upon."

@VirtualChris ... Thanks for the heads up on this. At least we were able to get you an answer pretty quickly... Unless you were singled out for early migration to PHA, recommend that you go back to using the IC2 app until such time as you are notified to migrate. If you were notified already, then follow the migration instructions and you should be squared away. If you have any issues migrating, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Thanks...
r.
Hi Ron,

What's the best way to get Pentair support? For this new home app, I used Home App Support <[email protected]>, and the support is terrible. I went around in circles for 3 weeks, until I uninstalled and reinstalled, then the app 'reinitialized' and pulled my settings over to the new app. It now allows true remote access. Anyhow, my point is, Pentair support is only good for basic configuration assistance, but whenever there is a real issue, it just seems as though a random person picks up the email and responds...they don't look at the email thread (history), and the next person to respond will often respond back with the same response as the previous email...even when you tell them that was not what you were asking...SMH...

Also, my new home app says that I have 1000ppm of salt, when my IntelliCenter shows that I have 3600ppm...any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris

@VirtualChris
1. Delete both the IntelliCenter2 app and the Pentair Home app from your mobile device.
2. Then reinstall ONLY the IntelliCenter2 app. Do not install the Pentair home app.
3. Then report back and tell me if the IntelliCenter2 app is working normally.
Thanks...
r.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
@VirtualChris
1. Delete both the IntelliCenter2 app and the Pentair Home app from your mobile device.
2. Then reinstall ONLY the IntelliCenter2 app. Do not install the Pentair home app.
3. Then report back and tell me if the IntelliCenter2 app is working normally.
Thanks...
r.
@MyAZPool My IntelliCenter2 app won't let me navigate around anymore, now that it says that my account has been migrated (see screenshot).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231110_112846_IntelliCenter2.jpg
    Screenshot_20231110_112846_IntelliCenter2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 7
@MyAZPool My IntelliCenter2 app won't let me navigate around anymore, now that it says that my account has been migrated (see screenshot).
Okay good.
Now go to the play store and download the Home App.
It should be okay now on the home app and you can disregard IC2.
If not, let me know and I'll try to get you some answers from the devs on why your app isn't playing nice.
Thanks...
r.

The IntelliCenter system typically comes with a web-client interface and may have a mobile app counterpart for remote control and monitoring. The availability of specific features, interfaces, or apps may vary depending on the version and model of the IntelliCenter system.

If you are looking for information on the IntelliCenter web-client or mobile app, I recommend checking the official Pentair website or contacting Pentair customer support for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Additionally, user manuals or documentation provided with the IntelliCenter system should contain details on how to access and use the web-client and mobile app functionalities.

The IntelliCenter system typically comes with a web-client interface and may have a mobile app counterpart for remote control and monitoring. The availability of specific features, interfaces, or apps may vary depending on the version and model of the IntelliCenter system.

If you are looking for information on the IntelliCenter web-client or mobile app, I recommend checking the official Pentair website or contacting Pentair customer support for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Additionally, user manuals or documentation provided with the IntelliCenter system should contain details on how to access and use the web-client and mobile app functionalities.
Thanks. I've had my IntelliCenter for 4+ years now, and I'm very well-versed in my particular setup. Pentair doesn't have tech support as far as I know. I'd like to better understand how to get support. The only method is 1-800-831-7133, but that's not real tech support; they help with configuration assistance. In other words, they tell you that your IntelliCenter, IntelliChem, etc., is misconfigured and to go through the setup process again. They don't give you a ticket to investigate and get back to you...it's only real-time config assistance (most phone techs are level 1 call center support knowledge; every once in a while you get someone good, but often they give conflicting info and they don't track your issues to follow up to resolution. It's up to the customer to figure out that there are different flow switches (on the IntelliChlor, and on the IntelliChem), which have different CFM requirements, etc... Same with ORP and pH dose limit issues that I've called about countless times. If anyone can share a better method to contact Pentair support, I'd love to hear it. Thanks, guys.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Unfortunately for all of us, there is way too much truth to @VirtualChris experiences with Tech Support.

Like he says, the Level I Tech Support reps are NOT very helpful for those of us "Pool Automation Nerds." Usually for us, we want to talk to someone that has AT LEAST, the same level of expertise of our equipment, that we do. That will usually NOT be the case with Level I Tech Support reps.

The key is to get past the Level I rep and get our issue elevated to a Level II rep... The best way that I have found to do that is to be pleasant with the Level I guys and just jump through whatever hoops they want us to jump through. I know that it's frustrating going through all the troubleshooting steps that to us, seem ridiculous and a waste of time. But they have a troubleshooting script that they MUST follow to the letter.

Once, we "appease" them (Level I guys) , then we can nicely ask to please speak with a Level II rep. Once, you speak with a Level II rep, then and only then, will you realize that you are speaking with someone who may be on the same "level" of expertise/knowledge as we are. They don't follow scripts necessarily AND they have access to some of the low level engineers, field reps and middle management. The issues that we typically experience have a much better chance of being resolved with a Level II rep rather than a Level I.

It's frustrating dealing with the Level I's. I get it. BUT, if you want to speak with someone fairly knowledgeable and who has access to others who may, we got to go through the Level I's. At least to get that trouble ticket started.
And if you start getting "huffy" with the Level I, good luck. When it comes to Pentair Tech Support, the ole adage "You catch more fly's with honey", definitely applies.

Do I agree with Pentair's Tech Support philosophy? Nope. We shouldn't have to go through these "pains" to resolve an issue. But them are the cold hard facts.
r.

Oh yea, when it comes to Pentair Tech Support, the "squeaky wheel gets the grease". Again, I don't agree that it should be that way, but it is!

Customer Service
8 AM to 8 PM — Eastern and Pacific Times
Phone: (800) 831-7133
Fax: (800) 284-4151

Technical Support
Toll Free
(800) 831-7133, * Press 1-2-2-2-1-1 for IntelliCenter

Sanford, North Carolina (8 AM to 8 PM ET)
Phone: (919) 566-8000
Fax: (919) 566-8920

Moorpark, California (5 AM to 5 PM PT)
Phone: (805) 553-5000
Fax: (805) 553-5515

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.