IntelliCenter Web Client and its Possible Alternatives

Hmm, that's weird. Do set commands work via the ASP.NET Core web page? If you have objname wrong it returns an empty objectList array.

{ "command": "SetParamList", "objectList": [{ "objnam": "C0004", "params": { "STATUS": "ON" } }], "messageID": uuidv4() };

Reactions: rmontgomery
Hmm, that's weird. Do set commands work via the ASP.NET Core web page? If you have objname wrong it returns an empty objectList array.

{ "command": "SetParamList", "objectList": [{ "objnam": "C0004", "params": { "STATUS": "ON" } }], "messageID": uuidv4() };
I think I used square brackets instead of curly brackets around the parameters 🤦‍♂️. Will give it another shot when I get back to a computer.

Ryan

Okay, have latest code uploaded which fixes the set command for circuits. Refactored some code to try and increase robustness. Now on to adding some more controls. Let me know if you get a chance to download and try. I need to add a way to set the ip address in the app, then I can try to create an apk for others to try at their own risk if they want.

Mont,

Thanks so much for all you are doing. Last time I did any coding it was Fortran IV and Basic. I'm an Intellicenter owner that's thrilled with the capability and frustrated they can't seem to do the basic blocking and tackling. You and the opensource community are showing they should have made it open source a long time ago.

Again, many thanks!

Chris

Reactions: guinness
Mont,

Thanks so much for all you are doing. Last time I did any coding it was Fortran IV and Basic. I'm an Intellicenter owner that's thrilled with the capability and frustrated they can't seem to do the basic blocking and tackling. You and the opensource community are showing they should have made it open source a long time ago.

Again, many thanks!

Chris
No problem. Mainly shooting for simple control and status right now. Configuration options will take some time as there are so many variables. Will also work on making layout more customizable once I get the status and control data working smoothly. The IntelliCenter is pretty finicky sometimes as I have locked it up by sending the wrong commands. Just requires a power cycle, but I still need to work on robustness and error handling. :)

Okay, I have created a closed beta test in the Google Play Store. If you want to be included in the closed beta, just private message your email to me and I will add you. I was having difficulty getting the sideloaded apk to work and I figured going through play store would be easier anyway. Just cost me $25 :)

I am still working on obtaining a mac to do the iPhone build, so sorry to iPhone users. Unfortunately Apple doesn't make it easy.

Ryan

Okay, Google is taking forever to get it on the play store. If you want to try side loading, I have put an apk here: rmonty/IntelliCenterControl

I have not been able to test installing it since my phone has also been used for development, so please let me know if it doesn't install for some reason.

You will need to update the ip address using the gear icon in the upper right hand corner. If you don't have the gateway running, you can connect directly to the panel by using ws://ipaddress:6680/ where ipaddress is the ip of your panel. This will probably only work if you don't have security login required for the panel, but not sure.

Let me know if you have questions. Latest screen shot (hasn't changed much).

Screenshot_20200714-111808.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow!! Very nice. If it has functionality to change schedule from the app I've been waiting over a year for this since Pentair broke it.

Chris

Will the app support Android 4.4.2? Tried to load the Pentair version & it just locks. Haven't fired up my IntelliCenter yet for the first time, so it'll all be new to me.

Wasn't asking for any changes to support this - just wanted to know status. Guess I'm living under a rock & haven't joined the SmartPhone/Tablet era. Still mostly just plug away on my PCs. :LOL:

Okay, internal release has been pushed to Google Play Store. Sign up for internal releases in my earlier post if interested. Apk uploaded to GitHub also for sideloading, but I may stop that soon. This release adds the scheduling and I added support for the 4.4.2 API (but untested). I have done very limited testing with scheduling and it still needs some prettying up. It shouldn't screw anything up, but you can probably easily crash the app if you get impatient :)

The refresh button at the top is your friend if something doesn't look like it is updating correctly.

Remember if you aren't using the gateway, then you can connect directly to the panel at ws://ipaddress_of_panel:6680/

Have fun and let me know what you think!

Update: Just fyi, I have done a little more testing and found a bug with changing times. Will look into it, but just wanted to let you know if you are testing things. I am sure there are more.

Ryan

Last edited:
Okay, new update just rolled out. I may start a new thread for this app as I seemed to have hijacked this thread.
Just an fyi, there are still some quirks with how the schedule editing works. Unfortunately most, if not all, is on the Intellicenter side. I've usually confirmed the quirks with the website version to make sure I was not causing the issue. So, until they get some of that fixed, we will be stuck with some of it.

If you save a change and don't get a toast pop-up within 10 seconds indicating a change, press the refresh connection (circle arrows) at the top to see if your change took.

Have fun!

I was afraid of the schedule issue. We've had to deal with that for the past year. They did an update to the firmware that added some nice features but broke the schedule routine somehow. Only way to change schedule at the moment is from the panel. I've been told it may release in August...think I heard that last year too!

I was afraid of the schedule issue. We've had to deal with that for the past year. They did an update to the firmware that added some nice features but broke the schedule routine somehow. Only way to change schedule at the moment is from the panel. I've been told it may release in August...think I heard that last year too!
Chris,
Yea and not only is this a problem with this UI and the native Ui's but it appears to be giving my Dash Panel UI some problems as well. It is being worked on (not referring to Pentair) but no solution as of yet.

And speaking of IntelliCenter problems (and specifically the schedule edit issue), I did hear from the IntelliCenter Project Manager via email yesterday (trust me, I have been "tugging at his coat tails") lol....
Not much to tell really but when I get a minute, I will try to put a summary together and post over in the review and information thread.

This particluar UI project is really starting to look great. Once I slay a few other dragons here on my end, I would like to try it out as well. Can't have too many UI's lol...

@rmontgomery I've been trying to follow this with interest. Is your UI working on an iOS/Android phone yet? The PoolController Dashpanel looks great on an iPad but not so good on the iPhone as of now.
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.