IntelliCenter vs IntelliTouch

The price difference I have been seeing is more like $300 or so... Keep in mind the IntelliTouch needs the ScreenLogic add-on to have the ability to control things with your Phone, Tablet, or PC.. that cost $500, while something similar is part of the IntelliCenter.

There is no doubt the IntelliCenter is the better choice, but we need to know a lot more to know if it is worth an additional $1,600 bucks..

Tell us more about your pool.. About 90% of pool owners use the EasyTouch, so if your pool builder is quoting the IntelliTouch, there must be a reason.. The IntelliTouch is really made for complex pools with a lot of water features, requiring a lot of valves, and the control of more than two VS pumps.. or some special feature that is not included in the ET..

I have the EasyTouch and it does everything I could ask.. While it is not worth it for me to upgrade, if I were to build a new pool today, it would have the IntelliCenter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, the builder typically uses Jandy, but I prefer Pentair for all equipment, so I requested Pentair automation. He spoke to the supply house and they gave pricing for the IntelliTouch. The PB doesn’t seem too familiar with IntelliCenter, as I had to explain it to him. Pool had 5 scuppers, 2 bubblers, VS Intelliflo pump with separate pump for scuppers/waterfall. Would easytouch serve my needs? I don’t want technology that will be obsolete in a few years. That’s really my main purpose of requesting IntelliCenter.

An EasyTouch 8 would work, but the pool would have to be plumbed the right way.. The ET only has 4 valve drivers.. Two of them must be used to change between the pool and spa mode.. The other two can be user programmed.. I would use a single speed waterfall pump for the 5 scuppers (I assume this is the waterfall) with a separate suction inlets in the bottom of the pool.. The water going to the scuppers would not go through the filter or anything else... the pump would just suck water from the pool through the scuppers and back to the pool.. Each scupper would have a manual valve to balance the flow, so that they all looked the same. The VS pump would run the pool and of course the bubblers.. An automated valve would turn the bubblers on and off..

It this just a pool or is also a spa?

Is this going to be a saltwater pool?

While it appears to me that an EasyTouch 8 would work just fine, it makes more sense to go with the newer IntelliCenter. If you tell us more, we can provide the IntelliCenter system part number you would need. Just to make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

Let's see if our IntelliCenter guy can chime in.. Calling @MyAZPool

Thanks,

Jim R.

it’s a pool and perimeter overflow spa. It will be a salt pool. Pool sq ft is 537. Was wanting IC60, but IntelliCenter doesn’t come with the 60 built in (at least it doesn’t show it online). I live in New Orleans so it’s warm here and I assume will burn quite a bit of chlorine.

cstouder22, Jimrahbe
I did a cost comparison between the EasyTouch, IntelliTouch and the IntelliCenter about a year ago for another member. It should still be applicable.
Here is the link to the post: IntelliCenter
Hope this is of some use and feel free to shoot me any questions and I'll see if I can help out.
Take care....
r..

cstouder22, Jimrahbe
I did a cost comparison between the EasyTouch, IntelliTouch and the IntelliCenter about a year ago for another member. It should still be applicable.
Here is the link to the post: IntelliCenter
Hope this is of some use and feel free to shoot me any questions and I'll see if I can help out.
Take care....
r..
Great info on that link where you compared the pricing! Am I correct in thinking that the Intellicenter complete package will allow you to use your phone for automation without any additional equipment like the Easytouch that requires Screenlogic? I think my builder is used to the Easytouch but may ask for the Intellicenter if that is the case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.