Intellicenter Upgrade - Single Body vs Shared - hardware differences

I'm looking to upgrade my EasyTouch 4PSC-IC20 with the intellicenter upgarde. My Easytouch is a single body (Pentair #520592) w/ SWG integration.

Based on my research It looks like I'd use the upgrade kit# 522047 for single body systems. I'm looking at adding a hot tub next year and was curious if I could instead use #522048 which is the upgrade for the pool/spa combo. Outside of the actuators and relays, is there any hardware difference in the logic boards between single and multi body systems? Would I be able to use the pool/spa combo upgrade board if I also later just added the actuators and relays for the second water body?

Thanks for any experience/input!

I'm looking to upgrade my EasyTouch 4PSC-IC20 with the intellicenter upgarde. My Easytouch is a single body (Pentair #520592) w/ SWG integration.

Based on my research It looks like I'd use the upgrade kit# 522047 for single body systems. I'm looking at adding a hot tub next year and was curious if I could instead use #522048 which is the upgrade for the pool/spa combo. Outside of the actuators and relays, is there any hardware difference in the logic boards between single and multi body systems? Would I be able to use the pool/spa combo upgrade board if I also later just added the actuators and relays for the second water body?

Thanks for any experience/input!
Will you have the spa as a separate body or integrated to your existing pool? Are you trying to use one set of equipment for two separate bodies of water? That's doable with the pool/spa combo. Just be sure the two are completely isolated by the valves when in either pool or spa mode and have the spa run an hour or so each day to filter and get chlorine. SWG would have to be before the pool/spa return valve.
If you will have separate equipment, check the Pentair 522049 upgrade kit for dual bodies of water.
Per Pentair, "This upgrade kit is for all EasyTouch and IntelliTouch systems manufactured after 2012."

Will you have the spa as a separate body or integrated to your existing pool? Are you trying to use one set of equipment for two separate bodies of water? That's doable with the pool/spa combo. Just be sure the two are completely isolated by the valves when in either pool or spa mode and have the spa run an hour or so each day to filter and get chlorine. SWG would have to be before the pool/spa return valve.
If you will have separate equipment, check the Pentair 522049 upgrade kit for dual bodies of water.
Per Pentair, "This upgrade kit is for all EasyTouch and IntelliTouch systems manufactured after 2012."
Yes, I'm looking to set it up as a separate body of water (not attached to pool) and the plan is to run a new set of supply/drain lines. Since I'm upgrading the intellicenter anyway, I was hoping I can just buy the dual body upgrade kit. I'm just unsure if the base logic board is the same between the EasyTouch systems that the new control board plugs into.

I've seen the Pentair message (which happens to be on all the intellicenter upgrade SKUs):
This upgrade kit is for all EasyTouch and IntelliTouch systems manufactured after 2012.
but I also see immediately following that:
This upgrade kit is for Pool/Spa combo systems only.
My fear is the dual body upgrade board (522048) will need an extra connector I wont have or something. I just haven't found anyone posting details on line or anything and I'm not familiar with it enough. Unfortunately my local Pentair rep is less then trustworthy has he directly contradicted the instructions for my SWG during the pull install and preceded to argue with me when I asked the builder to match the install instructions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.