Intellicenter - Programing IntelliValve for Solar

Bacon4jp

Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2018
Morgan Hill, CA
Hi All,

We had our equipment pad upgraded last summer. The contractor wasn't knowledgeable on the Pentair system so it wasn't done correctly. I've worked through most of the issues with wiring but am stuck on getting the IntelliValve to function correctly with the automation.

Here's the list of equipment that's installed
Pentair Intellicenter I5P/S (Pool only)
Pentair VSF pump
Pentair IC40 SWG
Pentair IntelliValve (connected to Valve A)
IntelliBrite Light
Solar Panels (Qty 4 = 4x8, Qty 3 = 3 4x10, Qty 5 = 5 4x12)

My problem is that I can't get the IntelliValve to bypass the solar via the automation. I'm not sure if this is a wiring issue or a programing issue. The valve is powered and I can set it to open and close manually. The valve is wired into the Valve A connection on the Intellicenter board. How do I set the orientation of the valve so that the automation knows which position will go to solar panels and which position will bypass solar? For my configuration, when the red light is on 0, the valve is in bypass mode. When the red light is on 24, the valve is on Solar mode. I've attached Intellicenter settings images for reference. I think my problem is in the setup for the valve and solar heater. Can someone review and confirm or suggest corrections?

Thank you!

RC

1652138374594.png

1652138395605.png

1652138189845.png

1652138251640.png

Attachments

• 1652138345347.png
    1652138345347.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 9
Let's see if @MyAZPool can provide some insight on the Intellicenter programming.
Thanks Marty!

I found some great resources on this site, especially the Intellicenter programing video create by @MyAZPool. I cleared my programing and started over. My main issue was connecting the Intellivalve to the wrong circuit. I'm good to go!

Thanks again!

Reactions: mknauss
I found some great resources on this site,
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.