Riverside, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Arguments of whether DST should be kept or eliminated aside.. DST is here for now. (except AZ and HI)

My IntelliCenter updated to DST autmatically

The Checkbox for DST in the web app and iPhone app won't "stick" meaning the checkbox reverts to unchecked after saving.
Schedules, OTOH are still showing Sunrise and Sunset times as Standard Time.

Anyone else experiencing this? How to force the schedules to use DST?

As can be seen, the clock is correct for PDT but the schedules are still running for sunrise and sunset for PST.

1678722383928.png

1678722326738.png

1678722269335.png

I was hoping the experts here could assist on this issue. I'm at my wits end. I am in Pacific Daylight Time and since the DST checkbox isn't working I just figured I'd set it to Mountain Standard Time which is the same as Pacific Daylight time. My schedules are still triggering an hour early for sunrise or sunset.

IntelliCenter "knows" what time it is and when sunrise and sunset is but hasn't adjusted the schedules accordingly.

1678894159886.png

Attachments

• 1678894035295.png
    1678894035295.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last edited:
Reactions: ShallowWater
You'd think Pentair would beta test before rolling a f/w to the general public.

But then again the IntelliCenter webGUI looks like it was done 10 or more years ago so maybe they don't have the best programming team.

Should I have gone with ScreenLogic instead?

I still have not been able to connect locally which is preferred when at home for speed and reliability.

Lot's of discussion here. IntelliCenter Meeting

Local connection issue - are you using a VPN?
No. I have an Ubiquiti Router but no VPN. The iPhone app is asking for a PIN and I've entered the PIN I have in the WebGUI but it won't connect. Here's my topology and info on the Pentair Link. I'm considering wiring the IntelliCenter via Ethernet and skipping the stupid Wireless Link provided.

1678900516710.png 1678900572906.png

Last edited:
I do not know anything about that system -- but if applicable -- I would use a wireless bridge at the Intellicenter box to connect to your system. I do that for my Screenlogic.

I do not know anything about that system -- but if applicable -- I would use a wireless bridge at the Intellicenter box to connect to your system. I do that for my Screenlogic.
So ditch the bogus 900 mHz "High Power" Bridge provided by Pentair and install a good old WiFi Bridge.

I'm lucky in that the equipment is on the other side of the wall from where my router is located so I could relatively easily direct wire it with Ethernet.

I'm lucky in that the equipment is on the other side of the wall from where my router is located so I could relatively easily direct wire it with Ethernet.
If you direct wire, make sure you install a surge protector on that cable. I had a power surge at the pool panel take out my network switch.

--Jeff

The only caveat to hard wire is if (and in your location it is a minimal risk) you take a lightening strike, that hardwire can do some really big damage to your system.

I did not know the Intellicenter had the 900mhz thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.