Intellicenter need WiFi to function? Panic

Does intellicenter requires WiFi to be able to operate? I thought it comes w a remote control like TV. My husband said he didn’t see it in the pkg. he almost gave me an heart attack telling me that intellicenter only works w WiFi according to Youtube. We don’t have WiFi out at the equipment pad. The intellicenter i8 with IC60, master temp just got installed. The plumber and Electrician installed and said they don’t know how to program it. The gas guy hasn’t came yet. My PB is coming in Wed.

You've gotten good answers already, but I want to clarify a couple of points. Firstly the SKU 521903 should include the WiFi Link Kit as part of the bundle, so you should make sure you get all of that - it looks like below with 2 antennas and both a power and ethernet cable. Secondly, the consumer edition of the Wi-Fi product that DB-Cooper linked to isn't directly compatible - you need ENS202EXT-PTC not ENS202EXT. You can get the latter working, but not through the IntelliCenter screen as I suspect there is custom firmware involved. Anyway, as already stated all programming can be done through the touchscreen on the panel - you might even be able to call Pentair support to walk you through the Setup Wizard which is a step-by-step system configuration.

2019-05-24_20-40-34-jpg.102966

Reactions: cowboycasey
Do you know if it will control the robot if it’s plugged into one of the outlet that’s extended out from the Intellicenter? Wow, you have so many things controlled by the intellicenter. I only have lights, swcg, and heater. It’s probably an overkill, lol
If the robot supports a switched outlet mode or "automation" mode (like this) then yes, on/off control and scheduling of the robot can be accomplished through the IntelliCenter.. Careful in your robot selection though, as some robots do not support this mode.
If so, then you can wire a GFCI outlet to the "LOAD" side of one of the spare AUX IntelliCenter power relays and plug the robot into that GFCI receptacle.
r.

I bought the Pentair worrier SE from Margaret. As soon as there’s electric hook up in the pool area, I will set it up either via intellicenter or TP link with nest.
If the robot supports a switched outlet mode or "automation" mode (like this) then yes, on/off control and scheduling of the robot can be accomplished through the IntelliCenter.. Careful in your robot selection though, as some robots do not support this mode.
If so, then you can wire a GFCI outlet to the "LOAD" side of one of the spare AUX IntelliCenter power relays and plug the robot into that GFCI receptacle.
r.

I will buy nest or the netgear thing. I know nest is on sale and we are lazy to make the trip.

I have nest mesh and would say it's a great option. Put a satellite in the room closest to the pad and you should be fine. I get a little bit of my WiFi signal in the Walgreens parking lot behind my house like 150' away. I'd buy from Amazon for no hassle return if it doesn't work for you

You've gotten good answers already, but I want to clarify a couple of points. Firstly the SKU 521903 should include the WiFi Link Kit as part of the bundle, so you should make sure you get all of that - it looks like below with 2 antennas and both a power and ethernet cable. Secondly, the consumer edition of the Wi-Fi product that DB-Cooper linked to isn't directly compatible - you need ENS202EXT-PTC not ENS202EXT. You can get the latter working, but not through the IntelliCenter screen as I suspect there is custom firmware involved. Anyway, as already stated all programming can be done through the touchscreen on the panel - you might even be able to call Pentair support to walk you through the Setup Wizard which is a step-by-step system configuration.

2019-05-24_20-40-34-jpg.102966
Thanks for the pic - You just got my intellicenter hooked up to the internet. My installers couldn’t figure out how to get the account setup. I was seeing no ethernet detected when trying to connect WiFi. I saw your pic and checked the connections and sure enough they didn’t have it plugged into the PoE port. I swapped the cable and the WiFi bridge fired up and now I can control it all with my phone! Love this forum And community!

Thank you, the electrician just installed the antenna. Some cables are missing so we only have the pump running right now.

Thanks for the pic - You just got my intellicenter hooked up to the internet. My installers couldn’t figure out how to get the account setup. I was seeing no ethernet detected when trying to connect WiFi. I saw your pic and checked the connections and sure enough they didn’t have it plugged into the PoE port. I swapped the cable and the WiFi bridge fired up and now I can control it all with my phone! Love this forum And community!

Reactions: markayash
Can someone plz take a look at my pic and tell me if the electrician put in Ethernet cable in or the EnGenius strengthened my WiFi signal from my house? I just noticed that I have WiFi by the equipment pad and pool area now. Haven’t plugged in the mesh WiFi yet. I am sure it’s under my WiFi name not my neighbors:) I do notice wifi signal gets stronger as I walk twds the intellicenter WiFi Engenius, weaker rt in the middle of my house and the Engenius. I haven’t downloaded the intellicenter APP yet cuz my PB said intellicenter is not controlling the pool equipments currently cuz of a missing cable.

Attachments

• A5BE0328-F3E9-411A-ACC2-EEB79CB24E3D.jpeg
    A5BE0328-F3E9-411A-ACC2-EEB79CB24E3D.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 30
I'm not sure why both ethernet ports were connected, but there are two ways to check the WiFi bridge is connected to the IntelliCenter.

FIrstly, you can lift the bridge up and off the mounting screws and look at the back - there should be LED's lit when powered from PoE.

Secondly, you can go into the IntelliCenter touch screen interface and follow instructions in page 20 of the quick reference guide below.

Reactions: newpoolbuild

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone know if my SWCG is hooked on? Can I dump pool salt in the pool now? Can’t see it on the touch screen, red light on the IC60.

Attachments

• ACB4E5A0-10F0-4212-9A78-73CB17E23255.jpeg
    ACB4E5A0-10F0-4212-9A78-73CB17E23255.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 4ACB8EE2-500E-4D1E-810D-864789E6F89A.jpeg
    4ACB8EE2-500E-4D1E-810D-864789E6F89A.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 93BBDFFA-2025-4DCC-B5EF-FDDFEF10A340.jpeg
    93BBDFFA-2025-4DCC-B5EF-FDDFEF10A340.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 16
Tap the Chemistry button in the lower menu ribbon. If your IC60 is indicated there, then it's connected correctly.
The red light you see is because you don't have any salt in your pool yet.
BTW, I would recommend that you not rely too heavily on the salt readings displayed at the IntelliCenter control panel or it's user interfaces to determine your salt level. I would personally recommend that you invest in K-1766 test kit to determine your salt level.

Last edited:
Okay,
At the panel...
1. Navigate to SETTINGS > ADVANCED SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > INSTALLATION SETUP > CHEMISTRY
2. Tap ADD CHEMISTRY.
3. Select INTELLICHLOR.
4. SAVE

You can do this from the Web Client (which is typically the preferred method), but I'm not sure where you're at with that, so this should get you going.
r.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.