Greenville, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Finally got my Intellicenter up and running. Ran into a problem with the MicroBrite lights. When changing color the relay will click and 1 of the lights will click on and off with the relay and remain blue and the other light will turn off while the relay is clicking and then turn to the desired color. The only color that they will work the same on is blue.

Last edited:
I think the lights need to be reset and synchronized. This is he secret procedure someone shared a while ago...

The procedure to reset the control board inside of the lights is:
  • Turn the lights on
  • Within 10-15 seconds of turning on the lights, turn the lights on and off 31 times
This establishes a reset on the lights and resolved the issue with a members Globrite not changing colors properly. This should work for other Pentair LED color changing lights.

If your light is connected to an automation controller you may need to remove the cover where the cords for the lights come up through the conduit and connect to the feed from the transformers. Then unscrew the wire nut to the group of lights from the source transformer (black wire usually) and manually touch the power wire wires 31 times to the other wires still twisted together about 1/2 a second apart each time. We don't think there is a way to do this via automation.

I did try the sync feature with a Pentair Rep under the service page on the screen. Pentair thinks it might be the wiring. Electrician thinks it’s a bad light. The wires come into the IC in 2 seperate conduits. They are then wired together and ran as 1 to the external transformer. The transformer gets its power from a breaker in the IC.

IMG_8879.jpeg

What model light transformer is being used?

What is that a picture of?

You said you have two lights.

Why do I only see one wire that sneaks from the lower left high voltage side to the low voltage side?

img_8879-jpeg.562129

1712160677015.png

Last edited:
I don't think the junction box is wired correctly.

The installer butchered the box and cut a slot on the left side to run that wire. That violates NEC Code 680.24 and 411 requirements to separate high voltage and low voltage into different areas.

The two wires from each light need to be connected to the left and right low voltage buses. I only see what looks like wires from one light. And the light wires need to come up the low voltage side conduits.

1712161946023.png

Last edited:
I agree he butchered it. I wanted to fire him half way through. Not clean at all. He spliced the two lights together and ran them as one from the transformer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can get a picture Friday. The lights run into the IC box first in their own conduit then are spliced together with wire nuts and then go to the transformer as one set of wires.