IntelliCenter Initial Impressions / Not Working Well

In the Intellicenter Quick Reference Guide, it states the following:

IntelliFlo VS Settings: Pump Type, Name, Address (1-16), Min. Speed (450 RPM), Max. Speed (3450 RPM), Step Size (10-250 RPM), Prime Time (0-5 min.), and Prime Speed (450-3450 RPM). Speed Circuits: Assign the speeds to the circuits you wish to use. Tap Speed Circuits and tap Add Circuits to assign a new AUX circuit. To change the pump speed of a listed circuits, tap the AUX name to change the assigned RPM setting. Tap Return to save the setting and return to the previous screen. Affiliated Circuit Settings: Circuit: The assign circuit to control the pump speed. Speed (RPM): Assign pump speed from 450 to 3450 for the selected circuit. Pump Status: Shows the current power usage in Watts, speed, in revolutions per minute (RPM) while the pump is operating. Tap Return to return to the previous screen. Also see: Tap Status on the Home screen to display the current pump status and error condition.
IntelliFlo VSF Settings: Pump Type, Name, Address (1-16), Min. Speed (450 RPM), Max. Speed (3450 RPM), Min. Flow (20 GPM), Max. Flow (140 GPM), Step Size (10-250 RPM), and Step Size (1-10 GPM). Speed Circuits: Assign the speeds to the circuits you wish to use. Tap Speed Circuits and tap Add Circuits to assign a new AUX circuit. To change the pump speed, tap the AUX name to change the assigned RPM setting. Tap Return to save the setting and return to the previous screen. Affiliated Circuit Settings: Circuit: The assign circuit to control the pump speed. Flow (GPM): Assign pump flow rate from 20-140 for the selected circuit. Speed (RPM): Assign pump speed from 450 to 3450 for the selected circuit. Pump Status: Shows the current power usage in Watts, flow rate in gallons per minute (GPM) or revolutions per minute (RPM) while the pump is operating. Tap Return to return to the previous screen.
IntelliFlo VF Settings: Pump Type, Pump Name, Pump Address (1-16), Min. Flow (15 GPM), Max. Flow (134 GPM), and Step Size (1-10 GPM). Speed Circuits: Assign the speeds to the circuits you wish to use. Tap Speed Circuits and tap Add Circuits to assign a new AUX circuit. To change the pump speed of a listed circuits, tap the AUX name to change the assigned RPM setting. Tap Return to save the setting and return to the previous screen

So it looks like the prime time feature is only available on the VS pump configuration. Which is why I've never seen this. I have the VSF pump. I could change the configuration to VS, which is how my PB actually had it set up, but not sure what that might do. I don't use any flow settings so I wouldn't necessarily lose any functionality.

--Jeff

Reactions: MyAZPool
Jeff,

Glad you figured this out it will help us all. On the other issue you mentioned in the first post about the app losing connection I have experienced this as well. I think this is one of the few remaining bugs in the system. Seems to "time out" the connection very quickly. This is nowhere near as bad as the schedule problem that they fixed but it is still aggravating.

Chris

Reactions: MyAZPool
In the Intellicenter Quick Reference Guide, it states the following:

IntelliFlo VS Settings: Pump Type, Name, Address (1-16), Min. Speed (450 RPM), Max. Speed (3450 RPM), Step Size (10-250 RPM), Prime Time (0-5 min.), and Prime Speed (450-3450 RPM). Speed Circuits: Assign the speeds to the circuits you wish to use. Tap Speed Circuits and tap Add Circuits to assign a new AUX circuit. To change the pump speed of a listed circuits, tap the AUX name to change the assigned RPM setting. Tap Return to save the setting and return to the previous screen. Affiliated Circuit Settings: Circuit: The assign circuit to control the pump speed. Speed (RPM): Assign pump speed from 450 to 3450 for the selected circuit. Pump Status: Shows the current power usage in Watts, speed, in revolutions per minute (RPM) while the pump is operating. Tap Return to return to the previous screen. Also see: Tap Status on the Home screen to display the current pump status and error condition.
IntelliFlo VSF Settings: Pump Type, Name, Address (1-16), Min. Speed (450 RPM), Max. Speed (3450 RPM), Min. Flow (20 GPM), Max. Flow (140 GPM), Step Size (10-250 RPM), and Step Size (1-10 GPM). Speed Circuits: Assign the speeds to the circuits you wish to use. Tap Speed Circuits and tap Add Circuits to assign a new AUX circuit. To change the pump speed, tap the AUX name to change the assigned RPM setting. Tap Return to save the setting and return to the previous screen. Affiliated Circuit Settings: Circuit: The assign circuit to control the pump speed. Flow (GPM): Assign pump flow rate from 20-140 for the selected circuit. Speed (RPM): Assign pump speed from 450 to 3450 for the selected circuit. Pump Status: Shows the current power usage in Watts, flow rate in gallons per minute (GPM) or revolutions per minute (RPM) while the pump is operating. Tap Return to return to the previous screen.
IntelliFlo VF Settings: Pump Type, Pump Name, Pump Address (1-16), Min. Flow (15 GPM), Max. Flow (134 GPM), and Step Size (1-10 GPM). Speed Circuits: Assign the speeds to the circuits you wish to use. Tap Speed Circuits and tap Add Circuits to assign a new AUX circuit. To change the pump speed of a listed circuits, tap the AUX name to change the assigned RPM setting. Tap Return to save the setting and return to the previous screen

So it looks like the prime time feature is only available on the VS pump configuration. Which is why I've never seen this. I have the VSF pump. I could change the configuration to VS, which is how my PB actually had it set up, but not sure what that might do. I don't use any flow settings so I wouldn't necessarily lose any functionality.

--Jeff
Jeff,
Nice detective work. That would explain why it's not been an issue for me as well, as I am also running the VSF. I'm running a combo of flow and speed settings depending on the purpose of the particular Circuit Group. So I'll be leaving things alone.
As the ole saying goes. "Don't fix it, if it ain't broke"...
Thanks....
r.

r.

I am pretty sure that rule does not apply to you.. :mrgreen:

Jim R.
Ah Jim, as usual, you make a very good point. :thumleft:
In my defense (as weak and as warped as it might be), It's not so much a need to try to fix something that is working good, I'm just trying to make it work better. And yes, in many cases, NOT as it was originally designed or intended to work. I'll be the first to admit that!
Maybe similar to a mad scientist who has nothing better to do during times of lock-downs, quarantines, etc.
And during all this, have I "broke" one or two things that "were" working as intended? You know that to be true! ;)

Thanks Jim!!
Now, back to my laboratory. I need to see if I can invalidate another warranty. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.