California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
New IntelliCenter i10PS owner running 1.047.

I have noticed every time I have flipped the breaker to turn off power to the IntelliCenter... when I flip break back to power up IC it doesn't update to the correct date and time.

Firmware: 1.047
Clock Source: Internet
Time zone & zip code: setup correctly

Called Pentair who said to try to reproduce it a couple more times and if the pattern persist may need to issue local Pentair tech to evaluate.

Curious if anyone else has seen this and I am also trying to Wireshark the packets to see if NTP is being blocked or something strange since I don't see how to get internet source time logs from the IC.

Update: After doing a lot of wireshark packet captures, discovered that the Pentair IntelliCenter uses source port 123 / UDP to retrieve its time from various NTP servers on port 123. Bad news I discovered that AT&T Fiber Network Blocks NTP from source port 123 and has for some time now.

My Fix: I had to setup DNS Masquerade on my router to change source port to something other than 123 in order for ATT to no block the request.... It now seems to be able to get its time successfuly from the various NTP Internet servers Pentair queries.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.