IntelliCenter Gateway and Control Apps

rmontgomery

Oct 14, 2019
Rockwall, TX
Since we hijacked the thread located here (IntelliCenter Webclient and Possible Alternatives)(credit: @MyAZPool), I decided to open a new thread for the IntelliCenter Gateway and Control Apps.

IntelliCenter Gateway Repo is located here: IntelliCenter Gateway
Credit: @guinness

IntelliCenter Control Repo is located here: IntelliCenter Control Repo
(If you want to contribute, let me know)

IntelliCenter Control Google Play Listing is located here: IntelliCenter Control Google Play

This is a work in progress currently, but the releases should be stable enough for daily use. Android only at the moment (desktop can be done through BlueStacks emulator). I have been using this app daily and it is much faster connect/response than supplier provided apps.

Gateway setup is explained in the above IntelliCenter Gateway link.

To connect using the Control app, click the sprocket icon in the upper right corner of the Controller tab. Enter the ip address of the Gateway as explained in it's setup, or you can connect directly to the IntelliCenter Panel when at home using ws://ipaddressofpanel:6680/

To sign up for internal test, PM me your email address and visit this site IntelliCenter Control Internal Test

Releasing to an open Beta in Google Play soon, but want to get a few more things cleaned up. Some items we are working on in the background:
Authentication through Gateway - this will allow you to run the Gateway on a home computer or Raspberry PI and authenticate communications to allow use when at or away from home.
Control App authentication entry for Gateway
Control App IP address setup and selection improvements
Better error handling in Control App and user notifications.
Additional features as requested
iOS version (once I can get a viable Mac in hand)
Possible desktop version but BlueStacks can be used as a alternative for now.
Working on Raspberry PI downloadable image for Gateway

Some screenshots:
Screenshot_1595265431.png
Screenshot_1595265446.png

Appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Ryan

Okay, another roadblock for the desktop version. ... Will continue to evaluate, but you can use BlueStacks in the meantime.
Don't knock yourself out on my account. Have already installed BlueStacks & the Pentair android app on one of my PCs. Think I'll wait until I actually fire up my IntelliCenter to get yours. What you're doing sure looks great. (y)

Since we hijacked the thread located here (IntelliCenter Webclient and Possible Alternatives)(credit: @MyAZPool), I decided to open a new thread for the IntelliCenter Gateway and Control Apps.
Ryan, as I indicated over on that thread, the thread served it's intended purpose and I appreciate you and others for taking advantage of that purpose. Great job with your UI btw. It's really looking good. I plan to start trying it out along side my Node.js Dash Panel in the very near future. Like I might have said else where, I think this will be my go to app for my iPhone in the future.
Thanks again!!!
r.

Don't even have your app loaded yet, but already daydreaming. :LOL:

Would it be possible sometime in the future to support the Florida Sunseeker pool light? It's an LED that seems to be a popular replacement on TFP for the Intellibrite but has different color modes. Just curious if this would be an easy mod or complicated and not worth your effort.

Don't even have your app loaded yet, but already daydreaming. :LOL:

Would it be possible sometime in the future to support the Florida Sunseeker pool light? It's an LED that seems to be a popular replacement on TFP for the Intellibrite but has different color modes. Just curious if this would be an easy mod or complicated and not worth your effort.
The issue is that the IntelliCenter controls the color change and the light type. I would have to provide a way for the user to override the light type that is reported by the IntelliCenter. If that's possible, we could possibly override the "standard" color set and remap them to the Sunseeker colors.

Reactions: cousrey
Then not worth the trouble. Thanks for explaining why. (y)
May not be a big deal. If someone has one to test with, we could certainly give it a shot. We just need to figure out how it will be set-up in IntelliCenter. If it is set-up as a IntelliBrite, then I can provide a setting to override that light type if it sees it. I just need to know how the IntelliBrite colors correspond to the Sunseeker. They operate the same way (i.e. on-off-on-off), so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

May not be a big deal. If someone has one to test with, we could certainly give it a shot. We just need to figure out how it will be set-up in IntelliCenter. If it is set-up as a IntelliBrite, then I can provide a setting to override that light type if it sees it. I just need to know how the IntelliBrite colors correspond to the Sunseeker. They operate the same way (i.e. on-off-on-off), so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
I have one that I'll be putting in as part of my pad rebuild. If and when you feel like messing with it, let me know. It's really low priority, obviously. Wish I could speed up my rebuild. 🥵

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
New release coming Today
Changes include:
New way to set a home and away IP address (Video below - emulator is a little sluggish, runs better on phone)
Moved Save and Delete for schedule items to swipe to remove clutter (Also shown in video below)
New settings page (Username and Password not implemented yet)
Several bug fixes and fixes to synchronization issues
Lots of code clean-up

ip_vid.gif

Thanks for your support and let me know if there is anything else you want to see...

Ryan

Reactions: MyAZPool
New release out today that adds User/Password authentication to work with the Gateway.
Multiple synchronization fixes in this build. Added icon graphics. Squashed some more bugs.

Next release will most likely be public beta release unless big issues are found with this one.

I did try again to make a Windows Desktop build, but unfortunately there is just too much mobile code currently in the shared library. If MS would every sync Universal Windows libraries up (hopefully .Net 5 later this year), then I can probably make a UW app. Next would be to strip all the mobile specific code out, which may not be impossible, but would take some time.

App is now open beta and available in the app store:

Request beta testing here if the above link doesn't do it for some reason:

I will leave the internal testing up for quicker releases for those that want to stay on the internal track. The apk has been removed from GitHub for sideloading for now.

Have fun and let me know if anything comes up!

Ryan

New release coming Today
Changes include:
New way to set a home and away IP address (Video below - emulator is a little sluggish, runs better on phone)
Moved Save and Delete for schedule items to swipe to remove clutter (Also shown in video below)
New settings page (Username and Password not implemented yet)
Several bug fixes and fixes to synchronization issues
Lots of code clean-up

View attachment 154350

Thanks for your support and let me know if there is anything else you want to see...

Ryan
Ryan,
I finally had some time this morning to really look some of this over in more detail. I can't tell you how awesome this looks. FANTASTIC, considering this UI is just in its infancy!! I haven't had a chance yet to download the Bluestacks emulator to my new Mac yet, but it did work well on my Windows machine when I was using that to test the Pentair Android mobile app.

I sure hope you have as much success with the iOS version when you can get around to that. I can't wait to have it installed on my iPhone!!!

This "baby" 3rd party open-source UI is already blowing the doors off of the Pentair native Android app in my opinion.
Keep up the great work. (y)
You are certainly blazing a trail as far as alternative mobile phone IntelliCenter apps!
Thanks!!
r.

New release on the way that adds the pump icon active for single and dual speed pumps. Also cleaned up some of the layout, added titles, fixed some colors, and completed light group settings.

Available for internal testers now, beta is being rolled out after Google approves. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Ryan

Docker image for Raspberry Pi is now available from Docker Hub that was built from the GitHub repo. I've also created a wiki there to show how you can use Docker Compose to run the Gateway app behind a reverse proxy using a free SSL certificate and subdomain. That will allow you to securely access the app when you're not on your home WiFi network.

Last edited:
Docker image for Raspberry Pi is now available from Docker Hub that was built from the GitHub repo. I've also created a wiki there to show how you can use Docker Compose to run the Gateway app behind a reverse proxy using a free SSL certificate and subdomain. That will allow you to securely access the app when you're not on your home WiFi network.
Fantastic! (y) (y) (y)

Great stuff in this thread! Just signed our pool contact (dig scheduled in September). I still have time to make changes, so this may sway me to change from Easytouch with ScreenLogic to the IntelliCenter.

For connectivity, Seems like a 3/4 LV conduit with a few Ethernet cables will be perfect. Trying to make sure that I bury all that I can while the yard is wide open.

Ryan,
I finally have gotten caught up with work and travel and trying to test your fantastic Intellicenter Control app but can't seem to connect to my Mesh network. Here's the ORBI mesh router configuration for my Intellicenter device and the app settings screenshot. This is the same IP address reported on the display inside my Intellicenter. The authentication information is the same as I'm using for the Intellicenter app and it works. But I get a message at the bottom in a yellow bar that say "disconnected" momentary. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Same result when I use Home or Away URL. Internet connection is very good, I've also shown the Ookla Speed test.

Thanks.

Chris

1597747165482.png
1597747210483.png

1597747718675.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.