IntelliCenter Gateway and Control Apps

@jimbethesda Were you able to try out Siri Shortcuts with the gateway endpoint described previously?

Does anyone watching this thread use an Apple Watch? The latest watchOS now has the Shortcuts app!

No. It’s a little above my head. I’m technical, but not a programmer. I did buy a HOOBS (Raspberry Pi device with Homebridge pre-installed). I installed this plugin: homebridge/homebridge, but I can’t get it to work.

I do have an Apple Watch, and noticed that! Very cool.

Yeah the homebrew stuff definitely has a learning curve. You don't need to be a programmer, but there are a lot of steps involved - it's not plug & play like Apple, but it's free.

It might be an idea to install Raspbian Desktop to HOOBS to make life a little easier. If you can also get Docker installed you should be able to get Gateway up and running very easily.

You can also PM me if you'd like further help as learning the difficulties involved helps me improve the documentation and it will help others in the future.

Based on a watchOS Shortcuts article, I created another Siri Shortcut that allows you to choose a circuit from a predefined list to turn it on.

It works in a similar fashion to post #58, but instead of getting an object value it sets it. Siri Shortcuts does allow for a lot of possibilities.

Siri1.PNGSiri2.PNGSiri3.PNGSiri4.PNG

Please note that the value for the Authorization header should be "Basic" followed by a space and then the Base64 Encoded variable.

Last edited:
Heater state works a little differently, I don't think status reflects heating operation. @rmontgomery Do you know anything about heater statuses and also which params to work with?

Another thing you can try is to log in to the IntelliCenter website and inspect messages shown in the debugging console. Turn the heater on/off and watch for SETPARAMLIST commands with an objnam of H0001.

Last edited:
Can you also turn it off/on and set a temp?

Out of curiosity I did a little digging and discovered that you don't directly control the heater, but rather it's managed through the body of water.

So if pool or spa heating mode is none, the heat source (HTSRC) will show as 00000.

To turn it on you have to set it to H0001 and then back to 00000 for off.

To set the temperature set point you also do that on the body with the LOTMP parameter.

When I was answering a thread regarding poolside remotes and noting that they cost around $175, I realized that I could cobble together a poor man's poolside remote (in ziploc bag) for about $22 (not including RPi). So if you're interested, you'll need to purchase the items below and head on over to Wireless Remote for instructions. A prerequisite is to have the Gateway application connected to your IntelliCenter. If anyone has questions please post them here or send a PM.

521209-2.jpg
31lqrw-tnVL._AC_SL260_.jpg

433_feat.jpg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is this like a wrapper for the Pentair Intellicenter? Can you communicate directly like nodejs-poolcontroller?

Yes, this build requires an Intellicenter. There are a group of us that have built completely independent DIY controllers. You can check out my build in my signature. Happy to answer any questions, or take any feedback or code contributions.

is work on this still alive? I am a Mac user and while im not much of a programmer, I am capable of doing builds and testing/helping out. Let me know how things are going and I'll be happy to get involved. just started up our new pool with Intellicenter.

@Pdp
You might want to checkout nodejs-poolController/dashPanel and related software (REM/Nixie).
The developers have done some fantastic work with these controllers and which support several different platforms and pool equipment configurations.
Best thing I have done for my pool besides adding water. ;)
Here are some links to get you started.

Thanks that will be some good poolside reading! Now that it’s too cold to swim. And I have an extra rpi sitting around too…

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.