Austin TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Where is the freeze protect setting? I still had my regular schedule running and I could see freeze protect under Pool then. Tried to delete schedule, but couldn't since it was running. Now that the schedule period is over, deleted the schedule and turned on the pump. I just want to run it 24x7 right now. I do not see any freeze protect now, perhaps that's because I have manually turned on the pump. I do NOT want freeze protect 'cause I'm reading that it alternates between pool & spa settings and my "spa" is related to usage of jets in the pool and is not to be used.

It is located in the individual circuits. You need to go into the settings and it is in the circuits tab and then select each individual circuit you want to have freeze protection.

--Jeff

So for the pool, the only place to set it is under Pool? Like I said, I have Pool on and there are no freeze settings visible. I'm assuming that the Pool freeze stuff is not applicable if the Pool is on, but wanting confirmation that this is what is to be expected.

I'm not sure I'm following your logic to not have your spa run, but if you truly dont want freeze protection to run just put it in Service Mode.

In this image you can see I've expanded the pool circuit. On the right side is the freeze protection check box. Either check that on or off. Do it for every circuit you want freeze protection on.

You can see the ice icon on the spa and features pump circuits also. That indicates that freeze protection is enabled for those.

--Jeff

Attachments

• Aux Circuits.PNG
    Aux Circuits.PNG
    24.8 KB · Views: 68
I'm not sure I'm following your logic to not have your spa run, but if you truly dont want freeze protection to run just put it in Service Mode.
Don't have a real spa. Use "spa" circuit just to redirect water to pool from Returns to Jets in the pool.

In this image you can see I've expanded the pool circuit. On the right side is the freeze protection check box. Either check that on or off. Do it for every circuit you want freeze protection on.

You can see the ice icon on the spa and features pump circuits also. That indicates that freeze protection is enabled for those.
That image was exactly what I needed. My system is so simple that I'd forgotten where the default pool & spa definitions were.

Unfortunately my well pump has stopped working, so I've no water now. 😩 So far, doesn't look like cause is frozen pipes. May just be unlucky and age has caught up with it. 😭

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
I just re-read your first post. It will only toggle between pool and spa, if you have both circuits set with freeze protection on. If you only have the pool with freeze protection on, then it will only run the pool.

If any of those 'spa' lines going to the jets are above ground, you will want water flowing through them as well. I would leave it so it alternates flow between the pool returns and your 'spa' jets, if those lines are above ground.

--Jeff

If any of those 'spa' lines going to the jets are above ground, you will want water flowing through them as well. I would leave it so it alternates flow between the pool returns and your 'spa' jets, if those lines are above ground.
Jets are underwater, almost same level as returns.

So as long as power stays on, probably good. If rolling blackouts, guess I'll have to restart pump each time power is restored. I don't want to talk about prolonged power failure...:rolleyes: At least I know what would have to be done... Such is life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.