joeprunc

Apr 26, 2021
Discovery Bay, CA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I need help with my newly "homeowner installed" pool solar automation.

I have a three way intellivalve between my filter and heater for the solar. I plugged this valve into Valve B and assigned the valve to "Solar". What I thought I read in the manual is if you have two bodies to plug the solar port into valve B...however now I'm thinking about this I do have two bodies, but utilize one pump and automation to switch between the pool and spa.
1663252745361.png

Originally I did not have a Solar temp sensor, so I put the solar on a schedule off of the "solar feature" I programed. This worked great, at 12-5pm the solar ran. However as the days get shorter and colder, I wanted to have full automation. So last weekend I installed a temp sensor on one of the panels, and plugged the sensor into the solar port in the control board. As well as setup a "solar heater" in the heater section.

1663253294884.png

When the sensor is 6F hotter than the pool or spa water the "Solar Sun" shows and looks like it should be heating the pool via solar, but the solar feature does not turn on, and the intellivalve remains in the normal operating position.

1663252614754.png

I need help linking my solar heater to either the solar feature or Solar (B) Valve.

Reactions: AndyOside
What I thought I read in the manual is if you have two bodies to plug the solar port into valve B...however now I'm thinking about this I do have two bodies, but utilize one pump and automation to switch between the pool and spa.

You have a one body of water system when you have a spillover spa with shared equipment.

Last edited:
Thank you.
If you read lower in the manual it mentions to use Valve B for solar if you have two bodies. I believe the verbiage in the online manual vs my paper manual had some discrepancies. I wasn't sure what determined the difference in # bodies.

I will delete all of my solar info, power off, plug into Valve A, and re program all solar items.

Thank you

If you read lower in the manual it mentions to use Valve B for solar if you have two bodies.

Yes it does.

I believe the verbiage in the online manual vs my paper manual had some discrepancies.

The manual posted online is Rev. F 12/2020. Unfortunately Pentair does not keep online prior versions of manuals.

Sometimes the manual updates are due to hardware changes and your paper manual may be more applicable to what you have and sometimes the manual updates clarify something. You just have to study the manual carefully.

To circle back to this. The above recommendations worked.
I deleted everything solar in the intellicenter, shut power off to the equipment and panel, then switched the valve from B to A spot. Then assigned Valve A to solar and set my solar temps, and all is working now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.