Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Good morning! We are getting an cover star auto cover for our IG pool. We're buying the auto cover board for the intellicenter so I can ensure lights turn off and SWG/pump lower it's output (not concerned with opening and closing remotely). Will the board come with everything I need, or do I still need to buy a set of dry contacts to put with the pool cover? If I do need to buy dry contacts, do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

You will need a rotary encoder from Coverstar to send the sense and send cover location to the IC. They can bring it when they install the cover, but you will need to tell them you need it, as it is an add-on. Also note that the cover board does not come with the board. I spent several hours on the phone with Pentair and finally got hold of it. If you need it, send me a PM and I’ll send it to you in PDF.

Reactions: gingrbredman
@wgipe has done a lot of research on this, search his threads for some detailed info on this topic. I still do not have mine all connected, but scheduled for spring to get this all working. Hopefully will take some pics and report back as there is not a lot of information out there on this project. He may have his done before mine, and suspect he will also put out some more info on this as well, but in that thread are the parts, and the PDF he was talking about. Great info there.

The Pool Cover Card Installation Manual can be found attached to this post.

I have equipment from other manufacturers on a pool that is under construction, and it is also supposed to be able to detect if the cover is open/closed, and work with the automation so things like the water feature will not be able to be on with the cover closed. It will not all be hooked up for a while, but the cover is from Coverpools, and the automation will be Omnilogic. They said there is an additional accessory board for this that gets set up near the Omnilogic panel.
Hoping everything works the way it is supposed to when they start the equipment up in a few weeks.

Reactions: Hadiguy05
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.