Celina, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm in the process of my DIY pool build. I'm planning on running conduit and pulling wires, but having a local electrician do my hook up ( for the warranty) I know the intellicenter can control my transformer, which will control my pool lights, but I would also like a switch to control them at my pavilion near the pool. ( In case my phone isn't handy) Is that as simple as running wire to a switch and having the switch kill the power to the intellicenter breaker for the transformer. I've read about the Intellicenter all day and can't seem to find this info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would also like a led flood light at the pavilion to be co trolled by a switch and also with the automation capabilities of the intellicenter....

If you put a switch in that kills the power from the breaker to the transformer there will be no way for the IntelliCenter to override it. When you turn the light off with that switch you will have to turn it back on before the IntelliCenter can control the light.

If you want lights on switches in specific locations then wire the lights up the old fashioned way and not through the IntelliCenter. You either control things through the IntelliCenter control panels and apps or bypass the IntelliCenter completely.

@firemancline
@ajw22 is correct.
However, I have done the same with both my pool lighting and my pad light. I like the flexibility of having both options.
Only caveat is that if you use the switch to turn either one on, then you must use the switch to turn them off. Vice versa. If you use the IntelliCenter to turn either one on, then you must use the IntelliCenter to turn either off.
If you're having an electrician do the actual wiring, he'll be able to see what your up to here.

Here are diagrams of how I wired mine.
Note: I don't have low-voltage pool lighting but It's the same principle, so I modified this drawing with a low-voltage transformer for your purposes.

Pool Lighting
2021-03-28_16-05-37.jpg

Equipment Pad Convenience Light
2021-03-28_16-06-15.jpg
r.

Reactions: Charelston40
@firemancline
@ajw22 is correct.
However, I have done the same with both my pool lighting and my pad light. I like the flexibility of having both options.
Only caveat is that if you use the switch to turn either one on, then you must use the switch to turn them off. Vice versa. If you use the IntelliCenter to turn either one on, then you must use the IntelliCenter to turn either off.
If you're having an electrician do the actual wiring, he'll be able to see what your up to here.

Here are diagrams of how I wired mine.
Note: I don't have low-voltage pool lighting but It's the same principle, so I modified this drawing with a low-voltage transformer for your purposes.

Pool Lighting
View attachment 318066

Equipment Pad Convenience Light
View attachment 318068
r.
Ok thanks for the info...i was thinking that is how it would work, but the whole intellicenter is still a little confusing to me, and I've been reading everything I can on here and watching videos etc. I really appreciate the help....I will a t least drop the conduit so I have some options.... thanks again

Reactions: MyAZPool
Ok thanks for the info...i was thinking that is how it would work, but the whole intellicenter is still a little confusing to me, and I've been reading everything I can on here and watching videos etc. I really appreciate the help....I will a t least drop the conduit so I have some options.... thanks again
@firemancline
Don't worry, you'll have all the help you need here. Once you get your hands on the IntelliCenter and start playing around with it, you'll be a master in no time and it will all make sense to you.
If you haven't already seen the following threads, check em out for reference.

BTW, if you're finding the material here useful to you, please possibly consider making a donation to TFP. It's an all volunteer, 501(c)(3) charitable organization and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.
Thanks..
r.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charelston40
Two possible solutions:
1) if intellicenter accepts inputs, wire switch as momentary contact to the intellicenter input board.

2) utilize latching relay: input 1 is energized relay from intellicenter. input 2 is momentary switch(s), as many as you want. A latching relay changes state whenever the voltage changes on the input. So if intellicenter relay turns on, light turns on. Then if any switch is pressed light turns off. and, vice versa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.