Intellicenter: Add Feature to change to SPA and set pump rpm and temp to 101

PdInc

Apr 27, 2014
DFW, Texas
Trust me I've searched... I can figure out how to add a pump speed circuit, but how can I create a macro that
  1. Changes the system to SPA
  2. Turn on the heater
  3. Set the pump to 2500 rpm
  4. And finally, set the temperature to 101 degrees.
I think I've got 1-3, but how do I set the temperature?
Thank you in advance

Hey PD! Welcome to TFP!

May I ask what you would like to accomplish in creating a macro for this? Sometimes knowing the desired outcome can help with the solution.

I can understand the desire for a macro like this, but I'm not sure I see the benefit. The way I see it, the SPA button is kind of the macro for this. For the IC, you can leave the heater selected on so that when you turn on SPA mode, the heater automatically kicks on. You can associate the internal heater bit with a pump speed, so that as soon as that bit is true, it will ramp the pump speed. So that covers 1-3.

That leaves us with 4, which is setting the heater setpoint to 102. The set point for the heater will stay constant when you cycle the SPA mode, or the heater, on/off. So for this I would say just leave the heater set point in your SPA mode to 102.

So if I all of the above set as described, as soon as the SPA button is pressed to turn on SPA mode (item 1 in our list), everything else happens. If you schedule SPA, and all items are set as above, it all happens without touching anything. Currently my spa is running at 96 degrees and my pump speed is 3000 RPM. That happened at 6pm which is my scheduled time for my heater to be exercised each week.

Not sure if that helps or not. Let me know.

--Jeff

Reactions: PdInc
Thanks Turbo.

The idea is to have macros for different “moods.”

Say late night, lots of heat, heavy circulation: “SPA_101_3000”
Or early afternoon, low heat, easy circulation: “SPA_96_2000”
Or after workout, beat me up hot: “SPA_102_3200_AirBlower”

Etc.
Thanks again.

It's simple enough to program a circuit group for spa and a defined pump speed. I do not know of any way to program a heater setpoint though. I've looked through the manual to see if this is possible and I can't find anything.

@MyAZPool, @rstrouse - Are either of you aware of a way to program a heater setpoint that could be utilized in a circuit group on the Intellicenter?

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.