The Woodlands, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Looks like 2.006 is available on the Pentair website.

My panel didn't see a new firmware available when I checked for an update. Anyone know what capabilities this update provides?

I was able to download new firmware from web, but no details on features. I also tried to update from panel, but it is not aware of new firmware yet. I’ll give Pentair a few days as I would rather update automatically at the panel or via the app.

I just walked outside to the panel. The update firmware option displays I am running the latest version 1.064.

I’ll download the 2.006 update in the morning onto a usb and update manually in the morning. It is too dark and cold for me right now.

I downloaded it but I will probably wait until March/April to load, once the freezing weather has moved out so as not to put my freeze protection mode at risk. I know everything works right now.

--Jeff

I doubt it since they only have had my config files for just over a week. They can't possibly move that fast. :laughblue:

I did remember back in Nov this 2.006 showed up on the website, but there was nothing there. IntelliCenter 2.006 Firmware Update

Anyway, I just loaded it. I am on lunch break right now at the house. Nothing bad happened.

If I have time this evening, I will try the freeze protection test I performed a few weeks ago, to see if it resets.

--Jeff

I've now been able to perform the firmware upgrade OTA. No need for USB. Release Notes are just a bunch of functional enhancement / bug Fix numbers (their JIRA backlog). Grateful for the new version, disappointed that we will need to stumble through to find out what they did! It seems quite extensive. Pentair should be proud of all their efforts and share details. It sets them apart from their competition!
1673297116081.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You OTA guys are giving me the desire to go out in the rain and check my panel. On second thought, I think I can wait till it stops raining, probably tomorrow.

I can confirm that the firmware update did, in fact, correct the freeze protection issue where the pool/spa circuit freeze protection was turned off on a power event (loss of power and re-energize) or rebooting the panel.

--Jeff

Just wanted to report a bug I submitted to Pentair over 3 years ago was finally fixed in this release! I might be the only one this affects, but wanted to report it here for others.

The bug is for those with IntelliPH WITHOUT IntelliChem. IntelliPH is supposed to not dispense acid if you are in SPA mode OR have your SWCG set to below 6%. Before this update, IntelliPH would only stop dispensing if my SWCG was set to 5% or lower. It didn't recognize that I was in SPA mode. So, I could only set my SPA SWCG as high as 5%. That wasn't terrible, but not ideal either. I'd like the option to increase it if needed without having to worry about a big acid injection in a small body of water.

No other firmware updates fixed it, but 2.006 finally did!

Anyone else notice any changes (other than freeze protection)?

Reactions: JohnS530
Just wanted to report a bug I submitted to Pentair over 3 years ago was finally fixed in this release! I might be the only one this affects, but wanted to report it here for others.

The bug is for those with IntelliPH WITHOUT IntelliChem. IntelliPH is supposed to not dispense acid if you are in SPA mode OR have your SWCG set to below 6%. Before this update, IntelliPH would only stop dispensing if my SWCG was set to 5% or lower. It didn't recognize that I was in SPA mode. So, I could only set my SPA SWCG as high as 5%. That wasn't terrible, but not ideal either. I'd like the option to increase it if needed without having to worry about a big acid injection in a small body of water.

No other firmware updates fixed it, but 2.006 finally did!

Anyone else notice any changes (other than freeze protection)?
I didn't notice this as my IntellipH system is currently not running because of cold water shutoff on the SWCG. But I will take note to watch for this. Good info!

--Jeff

Reactions: jimbethesda
Anyone else noticing issues with their schedules not working now that you've updated the FW?

My pool lights are scheduled to come on at sunset and they have not, the past 2 nights.

My IFCS circuit has not turned off either.

I deleted and reloaded the pool lights and cleaner circuit and will see if I have any issues now.

--Jeff

Anyone else noticing issues with their schedules not working now that you've updated the FW?

My pool lights are scheduled to come on at sunset and they have not, the past 2 nights.

My IFCS circuit has not turned off either.

I deleted and reloaded the pool lights and cleaner circuit and will see if I have any issues now.

--Jeff
Kinda. I noticed my 30 min spillover program wasn’t running, the pump was on but just going to pool. Turns out, in this latest software rev, the spillover feature requires you to be in pool mode. My schedule just had the spillover feature on, pool mode was off.

Your issue sounds very different though. Please post if just re-doing it worked.

Looks like 2.006 is available on the Pentair website.

My panel didn't see a new firmware available when I checked for an update. Anyone know what capabilities this update provides?
This is all they've given us. No additional info in the partner portal. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230110-181705_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230110-181705_Chrome.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 56

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.