Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Just saw a new FW post on Pentair's web site. I updated and got the new app (IntelliCenter 2). So far so good, update was a breeze (had to use USB). I can report at least I can change schedules without the app crashing.

Anyone else try this yet?

Last edited:
DB,

I still have the old EasyTouch, but to me this is the big advantage that the new IntelliCenter has over the old EasyTouch. The pool owner can easily update the F/W.

Thanks for the heads up..

Jim R.

The directions said to update the firmware through the on-screen UI, but mine claimed there was new version, so I did USB. Ultimately though, these updates should be easy. New app has some UI refinement, but so far I haven't seen anything radically different. Hopefully Pentair cleaned up enough code to start providing meaningful updates now.

It's worth noting that the new app and Pentair's web site claim:

"Remote access to older firmware versions will no longer be available after March 30, 2022".

That means everyone needs to ypdate in the next 6-7 weeks to even keep using the remote functions. I'm sure that's going to be a pretty tall order for some in this industry.

Update:
- To use the web, once updating you'll need to go to intellicenter2.com
- IntelliCenter2 iOS Watch app doesn't seem to be working, it installs but it says to login via Phone and nothing happens.
- Most changes are subtle, but now you can see actual true readings of temperature and offset, fonts seem a bit smaller, there's a new widget for iOS, etc.

It appears the entire hosted portion has moved, hence the new web site intellicenter2.com. I know there was constant reliability and sign-on issues, so I suspect this is a completely new and more scalable platform.

Last edited:
@DB-Cooper
Thanks for the update.
I tried using the "Over-the-Air" (OTA) update method and it did work.
Looking through the Release Notes, it appears that they were testing that capability that was supposed to work 3 years ago. Maybe they got that feature together now.
Switched over to intellicenter2.com with no problems.

Again, looking through the release notes, it appears that the hosting has now migrated to AWS which as you mention "should" be more solid. 🤞
Below are the release notes for what its worth.

Release Notes
version 1.064
- Send WriteParamList with _5451,MODULE and Panel objects to AWS Backend upon successful LOGIN.
- Fix to not to send response for NOTIFYLIST_404 in icweb.

version 1.063
- Handle NotifyList 404 in icweb to clear Notifications.
- Handle Empty Message from AWS Backend.
- Removal of sending WriteParamList after LOGIN in to AWS.
- Fixed Super Chlorination Timer (Jira #IAM-438 and #438).
- Fixed Service Timeout Mode Timer (Jira #IAM-437).
- Fixed Logging Timer.
- Fix for More reliable Login to AWS Backend(#435).

version 1.062
- Replaced TEXT PING/PONG with RFC PING/PING in icweb for AWS Backend.

version 1.061
- Fixed GetRegisteredProperties AUTH Failure issue in icweb (Jira #IAM-406).
- Fix for email account persistence in web login screen after reboot.
- Fix to remove the firmware package when the user selects NO in the New Firmware Available Screen after AUTO download.

version 1.060
- Changed OTA LOWNLOAD Server for AWS PROD And BETA [UAT] users in ic.
- Fix for Incorrect ACT when the Schedule Turns ON/OFF for WebClients in icweb.
- Fix for temperature Sensors PROBE and SOURCE related to calibration in icweb.
- Added Waits for base64 encoding and openssl password encryption process for more reliable encryption in icweb.

version 1.058
- Fix to not to Reboot OCP after User Login.
- Fix for temperature Sensors.
- Fix to send Authentication immediately as soon as the user tries to login.
- ICWEB logging can be exported to USB via Export Debug Data.

version 1.056
- AWS MIGRATION.
Made PROD and MAIN Environments same.

version 1.054
- AWS MIGRATION.
Updated URI’s for ALL Environments. These URL’s will remain unchanged henceforth.

version 1.049
- No Changes. OTA Testing version

version 1.048

Thanks again..
r.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomas21
Thanks for the release notes. I may have been the first real person to try this update this morning, I believe it posted today. Perhaps the OTA wasn't working, but regardless the USB worked easily. I did finally get the Apple Watch app to work. I left both apps open for several minutes, pressed cancel and then connect and now it seems to be working.

The real test will be if we can get through Summer without JSON errors ;)

Reactions: MyAZPool
Agreed. (y)
I'll try the apple watch app just as soon as I can download IntelliCenter 2 onto my iPhone from the App Store.
I have been trying for about an hour now and it just stays "on-the-clock".
Could just be the app store... I'll try later.
Thanks again..

The directions said to update the firmware through the on-screen UI, but mine claimed there was new version, so I did USB. Ultimately though, these updates should be easy. New app has some UI refinement, but so far I haven't seen anything radically different. Hopefully Pentair cleaned up enough code to start providing meaningful updates now.
I was able to update to 1.64 via the panel without USB. Apple Watch telling me to login into intellicenter on phone...

Which I tried. Maybe a reboot of watch/phone?

Update:
- To use the web, once updating you'll need to go to intellicenter2.com
- IntelliCenter2 iOS Watch app doesn't seem to be working, it installs but it says to login via Phone and nothing happens.
- Most changes are subtle, but now you can see actual true readings of temperature and offset, fonts seem a bit smaller, there's a new widget for iOS, etc.

It appears the entire hosted portion has moved, hence the new web site intellicenter2.com. I know there was constant reliability and sign-on issues, so I suspect this is a completely new and more scalable platform.
I got the watch app to work. Once you download Intellicenter2, open the watch app. I got the same prompt as you. I tried logging out on the phone app and then logging back in and connecting "remote" while my watch was open on this screen and it synced my email address and let me in with the watch. Give it a try and see if it works for you as well.

Reactions: joepaiii

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for posting this was available. I had been meaning to go to Pentai’s site to look but just never got around to it. I’ll have go out to my panel this afternoon.

I got the watch app to work. Once you download Intellicenter2, open the watch app. I got the same prompt as you. I tried logging out on the phone app and then logging back in and connecting "remote" while my watch was open on this screen and it synced my email address and let me in with the watch. Give it a try and see if it works for you as well.
That worked for me... thanks!

Reactions: UtexasChris
I kind of posted similarly above. I did get it to work by going back in the watch and pressing the connect button.

Thanks for the update!

Easy peasy! All done with the panel.

I had intellicenter installed onto my old iPhone 6. It was the house‘s dedicated pool remote. Unfortunately, intellicenter2 won’t install onto the iPhone 6 because the iOS version must be 14 something or higher. The iPhone 6 is tapped out at iOS 12.5 so I had to install intellicenter2 onto my iPhone 12. Everything connects. All good.

@DB-Cooper
Thanks for the update.
I tried using the "Over-the-Air" (OTA) update method and it did work.
Looking through the Release Notes, it appears that they were testing that capability that was supposed to work 3 years ago. Maybe they got that feature together now.
Switched over to intellicenter2.com with no problems.

Again, looking through the release notes, it appears that the hosting has now migrated to AWS which as you mention "should" be more solid. 🤞
Below are the release notes for what its worth.

Release Notes
version 1.064
- Send WriteParamList with _5451,MODULE and Panel objects to AWS Backend upon successful LOGIN.
- Fix to not to send response for NOTIFYLIST_404 in icweb.

version 1.063
- Handle NotifyList 404 in icweb to clear Notifications.
- Handle Empty Message from AWS Backend.
- Removal of sending WriteParamList after LOGIN in to AWS.
- Fixed Super Chlorination Timer (Jira #IAM-438 and #438).
- Fixed Service Timeout Mode Timer (Jira #IAM-437).
- Fixed Logging Timer.
- Fix for More reliable Login to AWS Backend(#435).

version 1.062
- Replaced TEXT PING/PONG with RFC PING/PING in icweb for AWS Backend.

version 1.061
- Fixed GetRegisteredProperties AUTH Failure issue in icweb (Jira #IAM-406).
- Fix for email account persistence in web login screen after reboot.
- Fix to remove the firmware package when the user selects NO in the New Firmware Available Screen after AUTO download.

version 1.060
- Changed OTA LOWNLOAD Server for AWS PROD And BETA [UAT] users in ic.
- Fix for Incorrect ACT when the Schedule Turns ON/OFF for WebClients in icweb.
- Fix for temperature Sensors PROBE and SOURCE related to calibration in icweb.
- Added Waits for base64 encoding and openssl password encryption process for more reliable encryption in icweb.

version 1.058
- Fix to not to Reboot OCP after User Login.
- Fix for temperature Sensors.
- Fix to send Authentication immediately as soon as the user tries to login.
- ICWEB logging can be exported to USB via Export Debug Data.

version 1.056
- AWS MIGRATION.
Made PROD and MAIN Environments same.

version 1.054
- AWS MIGRATION.
Updated URI’s for ALL Environments. These URL’s will remain unchanged henceforth.

version 1.049

version 1.048

Thanks again..
r.
@MyAZPool where do you find the detailed release notes?

Just a quick warning to those following along that updated today... If you use it, make sure to check your freeze protection settings as updating apparently removed my freeze protect settings on my pool and spa circuits.

--Jeff

Just a quick warning to those following along that updated today... If you use it, make sure to check your freeze protection settings as updating apparently removed my freeze protect settings on my pool and spa circuits.

--Jeff
Good catch. 2 of my 3 circuits had freeze protection, but somehow it fell off the Spa circuit. Easily corrected but definitely worth verifying!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.