Intellibrite 5G burned out?

LgHorn

Nov 21, 2016
Cedar Park, TX
Hi folks - I have two standard size Pentair Intellibrite 5G color LEDs installed in Feb 2016 during our new build, also a smaller one in the spa. They run for several hours each night on automation. Never had a problem until just a few weeks ago when the light in the deep end went out. It still has a faint green glow when on, but is otherwise non-functional. I called a reputable pool service company (no longer use our PB for various reasons) and was informed it's quite common for these to go out around the 3-4 year mark. I would think LEDs only running a few hours per day would last for many years.

Is it common for these to go out in such a relatively short period of time? Is there anything to check such as loose wiring or anything on the controller side? I find it odd there is a faint glow in the bulb vs being completely out, but perhaps that's how these things work?

Do a search and you will find lots of threads about the short life of the Intellibrite LED lights. The driver electronics tend to fail not the LEDs.

Do a search and you will find lots of threads about the short life of the Intellibrite LED lights. The driver electronics tend to fail not the LEDs.
Thanks @ajw22 - I will try to search further, but are you suggesting there may be an electrical component issue vs the light/bulb itself having burnt out? The lights all run to the same Pentair EasyTouch controller and electrical panel, so if this may be an electrical issue I can call in my electrician vs pool service guy.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.