-----------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 7.0 (4 hours ago)
CC: 0.0 (4 hours ago)
pH: 7.4 (4 hours ago)
TA: 80 (4 hours ago)
CH: 175 (4 hours ago)
CYA: 30 (4 hours ago)

So here are my latest results. Just for giggles, I took a sample to my pool store to see what they’d say. As expected, I needed a ton of chemicals. They said I had NO chlorine at all. Imagine that.

So did they just rush through a drop test, or use a strip, or a strip and reader, or some other method?

They used some new machine that BioGard uses, with a disk they put water in and it spins around under a cover. Although, I didn’t actually see him use my water to test.... And then he wouldn’t give me the test results print out, just threw it away..

So did they just rush through a drop test, or use a strip, or a strip and reader, or some other method?

They used some new machine that BioGard uses, with a disk they put water in and it spins around under a cover. Although, I didn’t actually see him use my water to test.... And then he wouldn’t give me the test results print out, just threw it away..
Ah.... The Bioguard Profit Center.

j/k. I have no idea what it's really called. :mrgreen:

I have been saying it a lot recently that those machines aren't there to make the testing more accurate, they are there to insinuate that the testing is accurate. Something shiny and advanced looking to get the mark, ahem, customer in the door and talking to a salesperson. Its sole purpose is to make sales, nothing more, nothing less. Once a sale was not going to be made that piece of paper was useless to the clerk, so it was disposed of.

Sadly the number of people recently who insist that they don't need to do their own testing because of the fancy electronic tester at the pool store shows that the machine does exactly what it is on the counter to do.

Reactions: bharkin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Love it -- pH will be too high after you add the other unnecessary items we are selling you!!!

I’m not allowed in the Leslie’s closest to me. I pulled out a water sample printout from the other Leslie’s 2 miles away, when the guy told me my TA & PH were “through the roof”. I said, “but the other store 2 miles away said it was fine, SEE”
He asked me to leave and not come back. :cry:

You mean like one of these? BTW I only go there and do this so it's on record.
On the positive side, the BioGuard report actually mentions Saturation Index. Maybe it gets the term out there. On the few times I've talked with people in the pool industry (not the people in pool stores), when I mention CSI, I start to have a better conversation with them because I can speak a bit of their language (thanks to TFP). I had one guy I was talking to tell me that probably 5% or less of residential pool owners know what that is.

Maybe if I'd found TFP years ago, I wouldn't have had all the scaling on my pool plaster that people at two different pool stores couldn't figure out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.