integrated spa water level dropping

Great. I do believe you then need to schedule it. But one thing at a time.
Marty, I really appreciate your help. Thank you. I'm trying to absorb all this info. According to the manual, when spillover is enabled in configuration, the Aqualogic will automatically run in spillover mode at the start of the programmed pool filtering time. It sounds like this makes it function the same as what I had before the problem (lack of circulation to the spa), which is great.
When our pool was new and the PB configured the Aqualogic settings, I copied them and wrote them all down in the manual alongside the corresponding display (worried that I might need the info eventually). Referring back to this, I see that spillover was originally disabled, yet the pool/spa functioned as if enabled.
The spillover functioned great last night BTW. It would be nice to figure out what caused the issue, tho. I'd still like to resolve the half-full check valve mystery.

Good to hear. I assume the Spillover function runs for X amount of time? Can you adjust that? Running it continuously will push your pH up.

Good to hear. I assume the Spillover function runs for X amount of time? Can you adjust that? Running it continuously will push your pH up.
Thanks for that warning. Here, I have to add acid every week. Maybe I'll try running spillover mode at lowest speed to keep just a trickle overflow and see what happens. I do have to run the system at least 11 hours this time of year...
I still need to experiment with that valve you pointed out (below the black tape). Will report back in a day or two.
Thanks again!

Ok, I finally played with the mystery valve below the black tape. Set the system to pool mode and turned the valve 90 degrees left. The first time, it shot a bunch of air into the pool from one of the returns for about 3 minutes. When the air subsided, I turned it back 90 to original position for a few seconds. Then, tried to turn it 90 right, but it refuses to go that direction (and yes, I had loosened the retaining nut). Did not want to force it. Any guesses?
(Am still running in spillover mode otherwise)

D,

Some valves have stop pins and I can't tell from the pics if you have them or not..

Does not make sense.. The valve is set up to allow water to go down both pipes (handle pointed up).. It should allow you to shut off the left pipe and fully open the right pipe. (Handle pointed right) Or, it should allow you to shut off the right pipe and fully open the left pipe.. (handle pointed to the left)

Maybe someone had the valve apart and did not put it together correctly...

Can't think of any reason it should cause any bubbles as this is a return pipe, not a suction pipe..

Thanks,

Jim R.

D,

Some valves have stop pins and I can't tell from the pics if you have them or not..

Does not make sense.. The valve is set up to allow water to go down both pipes (handle pointed up).. It should allow you to shut off the left pipe and fully open the right pipe. (Handle pointed right) Or, it should allow you to shut off the right pipe and fully open the left pipe.. (handle pointed to the left)

Maybe someone had the valve apart and did not put it together correctly...

Can't think of any reason it should cause any bubbles as this is a return pipe, not a suction pipe..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim, it is strange, isn't it? The valve is such that it is not meant to turn beyond 90 left or right (the stop pins you mentioned?) No one has worked on the pool equipment (except me) since originally installed, so the valve may have been defective to begin with, but I wouldn't know, having never touched it till now. And where did all that air came from if water was going down both pipes just fine in the original configuration? I'm stumped. My pool mystery is getting more convoluted.

D,

Maybe I just don't understand, but the valve should only turn a total of 180 degrees... From the position in your pic, 90 degrees to the right and then 90 degrees to the left for a total of 180..

Am I just confused??? :scratch:

Jim R.

D,

Maybe I just don't understand, but the valve should only turn a total of 180 degrees... From the position in your pic, 90 degrees to the right and then 90 degrees to the left for a total of 180..

Am I just confused??? :scratch:

Jim R.
I wasn't clear, sorry. The valve should turn exactly as you describe, but I can only turn it 90 to the left. Cannot turn it right at all when starting from the position in the pic. in other words, it will not turn 180 total, only 90.

D,

That does not make sense... If you get a chance, I'd take the valve out and check how it it installed.. I'd do that when in the spa mode and pump off, so that you don't dump a lot of water.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
D,

That does not make sense... If you get a chance, I'd take the valve out and check how it it installed.. I'd do that when in the spa mode and pump off, so that you don't dump a lot of water.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I plan to take the valve apart. Maybe it just needs cleaning & maintenance. Need to find the time. Thank you so much for your assistance. Will report back, soon, I hope.

First of all, thank you to all who responded to my issue. After a lot of detective work, we have found the problem: a broken underground pipe elbow, (the pipe that returns water to the spa). It was just a crack, but we were losing an inch of water per day from the spa, and that was the reason it no longer overflowed into the pool unless it was set to spillover mode, which increased the amount of water returning to the spa. This is the third 45 degree elbow that has failed in our pool plumbing. Our new plumber replaced it with schedule 80 as a precaution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.