Instapark Betta review

Guess I should have taken it apart farther. They only told me to take the prop off and spray WD40. Mine wasn't seized, just harder to turn than the other one. I figured why not let them fix it so they are right. Now I regret sending it on and not doing what you did! 2 weeks without it is a bummer!

Reactions: Orion7319
Guess I should have taken it apart farther. They only told me to take the prop off and spray WD40. Mine wasn't seized, just harder to turn than the other one. I figured why not let them fix it so they are right. Now I regret sending it on and not doing what you did! 2 weeks without it is a bummer!
They didn’t seem to really want me to send it in. They told me I had to fill out a form now on their website…

I really feel like the trick is to soak them with WD-40 before they start to seize up.

They should just send new motors from now on. No need to take 4 weeks RT either.

Reactions: tcat and Orion7319
Are these different motors than those on Betta 1? New and not improved? I guess I know where I’m taking my Betta for service next time - up 77 to Rock Hill!
Lol! Anytime! Yeah they are different. Unfortunately with the old ones it’s not possible to do any thing with as they are completely sealed. Probably one of the reasons they went with this design. It is possible for the user to lubricate them.

Reactions: Bam Bam
Wow, the estimate when I ordered the blue Betta 2 was early September. Just got a shipping notification and it will be delivered this Friday. Sweet!

Hopefully the dog doesn't jump in and grab this like he does everything else that floats.

Took my Betta 2 to UPS August 1st, received back today (12th)! They fixed my noisy motor and it's running quietly again! Impressed with service.

Received mine today! The dog only tried retrieving it once.

It has run up the floating part of my Polaris hose a few times. Most of the time it just got stuck for 5 minutes or so, but it did get completely stuck on one occasion. Pulled the hose over the side of the pool, so we'll see how that works out.

At some point, these motors are going to seize up.

Hmm. This is a little concerning. Is there any chance that you can speak to the folks at Betta to get confirmation that this is an approved preventative measure. I have no problem doing this, but I would think they should publish it with detailed directions. I dont want to inadvertently void my warranty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hmm. This is a little concerning. Is there any chance that you can speak to the folks at Betta to get confirmation that this is an approved preventative measure. I have no problem doing this, but I would think they should publish it with detailed directions. I dont want to inadvertently void my warranty.
That would be good to know, but I think you can do it without any signs you did. Mine is soooo much quieter now that I got it back from them, pretty sure they replaced the motor. It's quieter now than when I first got it, so a bad motor from the start. They'd probably rather have us fix it than them, if it's just oil.

Yep, mine gets hung up on my Polaris hose. A lot of the time it just bumps it and goes the other way, but it'll occasionally drive up the floaty part of the hose, starting at the wall connector point. I just set a daily reminder on my phone to pull the Polaris and throw the Betta in. Annoying, but whatever. This thing is pretty rad! Although I do foresee me having to empty it multiple times a day once this oak really starts dumping leaves in a couple months.

Mine is still going strong since getting it early May. I have noticed it being quite a bit louder, I assumed it was the bearings in the paddles in the front but might be one of the propellers instead?

Either way, I've skimmed maybe like 10x this entire summer and pool looks great. Love this thing and seriously hope it holds up for a long time.

When one of my motors started binding I offered to take it apart and try to clean it. They said don't do that, they wanted it back. I guess I was early and they wanted to diagnose the problem.

When you say soak the motor in WD40 do you mean spray it heavily and let is sit, or are you actually putting it in a bath?

When one of my motors started binding I offered to take it apart and try to clean it. They said don't do that, they wanted it back. I guess I was early and they wanted to diagnose the problem.

When you say soak the motor in WD40 do you mean spray it heavily and let is sit, or are you actually putting it in a bath?
They said to spray it until it spun again. That’s what I did. I would just spray it to lubricate it and try and clean it out.

Man it seems like these devices still require a lot of maintenance and warranty repairs/replacements. I was considering getting one.

Welp, after 3 weeks or whatever, mine just sits in the pool and flashes the red and green lights. Instruction says it’s in “stranded” mode and the props are probably blocked by debris. Nothing is blocking them and I gave it a good rinse with the hose and still nothing. Looks like a customer service is in store :(

Welp, after 3 weeks or whatever, mine just sits in the pool and flashes the red and green lights. Instruction says it’s in “stranded” mode and the props are probably blocked by debris. Nothing is blocking them and I gave it a good rinse with the hose and still nothing. Looks like a customer service is in store :(
Yeah mine keeps locking up as well. Mines doing it because one motor isn’t spinning as freely as the other motor. Contacted them today, opted for them to send me a refurbished unit which means way less down time as my water Oak starts to drop its leaves in the pool. Got this one in early April, so it lasted almost 5 months. This is why we stress paying for the 3 year warranty. They are great when they work, but expect some break downs every now and then. The beta 2s do seem to go longer between breakdowns then the originals.

They had me WD-40 the propellers. They moved just fine on their own before, but I tried it anyway. No clue why it would be stuck in stranded mode. Didn’t do anything except get WD-40 in my pool. Plus, my on/off switch no longer works and won’t switch the unit off. They’re getting me a shipping label to return it for repair. Sigh.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support