Instapark Betta Automatic Pool Skimmer

They charged me $200.00. I then purchased the three year warranty for $60.00 as you only have 30 days to register it and buy the extended warranty on it. So for $260.00 you know you get at least three years out of it.
I may also look into this. Other than the Salt Chlorine Tolerant (SCT) Motors, what other improvements have they made? Is the Betta 2 working better for you?

Reactions: Orion7319
I may also look into this. Other than the Salt Chlorine Tolerant (SCT) Motors, what other improvements have they made? Is the Betta 2 working better for you?
It works about the same in terms of performance. It does seem to start working again after it runs out of battery a lot more quickly with a lot less light. This is probably a software change as it’s probably keeping a higher reserve on the battery, when it shuts down. If it lasts longer that will be the major thing.

Reactions: textommyboy
So would you guys say at this time that this works between 2-3 years? I'm considering getting one since the neighbors have like 20 trees on their property, and my luck, it all falls on the pool. It gets windy every 3 days or so and I'm doing like 10-15 trips to the skimmer.

So would you guys say at this time that this works between 2-3 years? I'm considering getting one since the neighbors have like 20 trees on their property, and my luck, it all falls on the pool. It gets windy every 3 days or so and I'm doing like 10-15 trips to the skimmer.
No idea if it will work that long! All I know for sure is that they offer a 3 year warranty now for an additional $60.00 and so far they have been great at honoring their warranty. I went though about 4 or 5 of them in the first year with its 1 year warranty. They never gave me an issue, they would just send me out a brand new one each time. They must feel confident about it now because they are willing to offer a 3 year warranty. Hopefully they continue to honor it and keep up their excellent customer service. That’s the only reason I didn’t demand a refund after the second one of their first gen ones died. When it works it can manage all that debris your getting, I get a ton of it myself.

I don't have nearly the history with Betta as Orion, but I feel that at its current price, coupled with the 3-year warranty make it a worthwhile proposition. I don't normally purchase warranties with consumer goods, but given the lack of data I think I would with Betta. I did notice that with the 3 year warranty you get free shipping if/when you need to return.

You also have to consider that the pool debris has to go somewhere, and has to be dealt with. That's either emptying Betta's basket or your skimmer basket or your floor cleaner after it all sinks. If your skimmer is working well, then you may just want to stick with emptying that. After the Betta is about half full she starts to slow down a bit.

They charged me $200.00. I then purchased the three year warranty for $60.00 as you only have 30 days to register it and buy the extended warranty on it. So for $260.00 you know you get at least three years out of it.
I inquired about trading in my original for a Betta 2 today. Looks like the price is $289, not $200. When I poked further, the $200 is a credit against the $489 cost of a new one, making the net cost $289. If desired the 3-year warranty can also be purchased for $60.

I inquired about trading in my original for a Betta 2 today. Looks like the price is $289, not $200. When I poked further, the $200 is a credit against the $489 cost of a new one, making the net cost $289. If desired the 3-year warranty can also be purchased for $60.
Interesting! @stormook and I both managed to get one when ours broke the last time for $200.00. Not sure if they just decided to count it as a new one due to them breaking or what? Maybe he can chime in here. All I know is I asked that instead of being sent another original beta under warranty, could I get the new one for a discount instead and they charged me $200.00.

Reactions: DanF
Interesting! @stormook and I both managed to get one when ours broke the last time for $200.00. Not sure if they just decided to count it as a new one due to them breaking or what? Maybe he can chime in here. All I know is I asked that instead of being sent another original beta under warranty, could I get the new one for a discount instead and they charged me $200.00.'
Sorry about the delay, I do not check in too often. As Orion said, I got the Betta 2 for $200. When I called about my last Betta 1 failure Vivian just said they would sell me the Betta 2 for $200 even. After I got it and before thirty days had passed I did purchase the 3 year warranty also. While it has only been two months the Betta 2 has been operating flawlessly. The new motors are much improved and do not scale up like the previous motors did on all the Betta 1's that I went through.

Reactions: Orion7319 and DanF
Quick update on my refurbished warranty replacement Betta. It is now failing to stay on with the red lights flashing. I try to turn it back on and it would start up for a second but then the red lights flash again. I made sure to let it charge up for several hours in full sun and in the pool but still no luck. I will have to call them to see if I can possibly trade it in for the Betta 2 at a discounted price.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Quick update on my refurbished warranty replacement Betta. It is now failing to stay on with the red lights flashing. I try to turn it back on and it would start up for a second but then the red lights flash again. I made sure to let it charge up for several hours in full sun and in the pool but still no luck. I will have to call them to see if I can possibly trade it in for the Betta 2 at a discounted price.
That’s exactly what my last one did when I sent it back for the discount on the beta 2. As a matter of fact I think I had 2 or 3 of them fail like that.

That’s exactly what my last one did when I sent it back for the discount on the beta 2. As a matter of fact I think I had 2 or 3 of them fail like that.
I called them and Ged instructed me to fill out the online warranty claim for documentation purposes. I got a response and they suggested I let the Betta charge up more in the pool while turned on. I let it sit in the pool for a full day and it never started up (still flashing red). I emailed them back that it still doesn't work and they offered to repair the unit under warranty or upgrade to the Betta 2 with a $200 discount. I'm going to respond asking if I can get a greater discount if I opt for the 3 year extended warranty. Wish me luck!

Reactions: Orion7319 and DanF
Looks like they're holding firm on the $200 discount offer only or sending back my Betta for warranty repair. I may just pull the trigger and take the $200 discount toward the Betta 2. Then I have to decide if I want to buy the 2 or 3-year extended warranty. What do you'll think I should do?

Looks like they're holding firm on the $200 discount offer only or sending back my Betta for warranty repair. I may just pull the trigger and take the $200 discount toward the Betta 2. Then I have to decide if I want to buy the 2 or 3-year extended warranty. What do you'll think I should do?
I think you should upgrade to the beta 2 even though they haven’t been around enough to get an idea about their long term durability. We all know for a fact that the original betas aren’t reliable at all. I bought the 3 year warranty because my experience with instapark has been nothing but positive so far in regards to their customer service and willingness to honor their warranties. I do see some concerning signs though from other users experiences posted here that don’t quite match my experiences with them.

I tend to agree with Orion. How is the company arranging for the return? Fo you need to box it up yourself and send it back? Is shipping prepaid?

Get the 3 year warranty. It included 2 way shipping if something goes wrong. Based on longevity of previous units I would really take the longest warranty you can get.
On a side note, I have had my beta 2 since April 18th. It’s still running fine after 2 months. In contrast my first original beta died right at a month after I purchased it. I had one last 10 months however it was in storage for 5 to 6 months over the winter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.