Instapark Betta Automatic Pool Skimmer

I forgot I had mine too :). Going on a trip and want to make it easy for the wife to administer turning the Betta off and on so I pulled out the remote.

I use a grabber to pull it out of the water. Then place it on the deck and turn it off. Open cover, empty bin, press start and drop back in. The only time I notice debris dumps is when there is a blockage at the intake. This happens with pine straw and large leaves or pine cones. I rationalize spillage by telling myself that without the Betta all of the collected yuck would be circulating in the pool or stuck to the walls.

Do you have a pic of that grabber?
This is what it looks like. Mine is pool side unlike me at the moment! I don’t recall it costing that much but there are tons of them on the market. If you buy one be sure the grabber ends touch each other when using. My neighbor loaned me one a long time ago and it was only good for picking up supersized pine cones.

I grab the silver handle of the Betta. I also use it to untangle and pull out the polaris hose when needed.

If she has to clean the skimmer basket I use extra long tongs.

Reactions: DanF
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.