Instapark Betta Automatic Pool Skimmer

How is this one different. I noticed (I think) on my newly repaired one that the motors are different, or at least different from each other, but otherwise it looks the same as my first Betta.
On revision 2 they replaced the motors with a sealed design. The shafts that house the motors are completely sealed and use magnets to drive the propellors. On revision 3 they have the same sealed motors but the power button is a lot smaller. I’ll post pictures in my thread of the propellors and shafts when I replace mine when I get the appropriate propellors in. They just overnighted me a new set.

Reactions: textommyboy
On revision 2 they replaced the motors with a sealed design. The shafts that house the motors are completely sealed and use magnets to drive the propellors. On revision 3 they have the same sealed motors but the power button is a lot smaller. I’ll post pictures in my thread of the propellors and shafts when I replace mine when I get the appropriate propellors in. They just overnighted me a new set.
I noticed on my newly "repaired" Betta that one of the motors has a sealed shaft but the other has an exposed shaft, looks like they only replaced one motor. Also as of Friday evening the thing quit working altogether (after running well for four days) but the blue lights are flashing normally. It is Saturday afternoon now, full sun all morning and the thing just sits there and drifts around.

Reactions: Orion7319
I noticed on my newly "repaired" Betta that one of the motors has a sealed shaft but the other has an exposed shaft, looks like they only replaced one motor. Also as of Friday evening the thing quit working altogether (after running well for four days) but the blue lights are flashing normally. It is Saturday afternoon now, full sun all morning and the thing just sits there and drifts around.
I would send it back and request a replacement not a repair. You should get the latest version now if you do. Email them directly, don’t go though Amazon.

@stormook Did you ever get a replacement Betta?
Yes Dan. On June 16th. I received the new and slightly different replacement. Since I put it in the pool on the 17th. it has had only one glitch (the props stopped but the impeller kept turning). I turned it off and back on and it has been operating fine since then. The glitch happened at the end of the first week of running. The new one seems to have more power.

Reactions: DanF
I have had my Instapark Pool Skimmer since beginning of June and the exact same thing just happened end of August. Blue and Red lights flashing, propellers stop working. Sent email to Instapark for repair or refund. When this is running, it is life changing. Love it. I hope I get a replacement without issues 💕

My Betta has been going strong since June 1. Only thing I had to do was add a metal rod they sent me to avoid getting stuck on a shallow top step. I have the latest version and so far have not needed any replacement.

Mine's been going pretty strong since about that time as well, maybe a bit earlier. The past couple of days, however, I noticed that the Betta does not make it through the night (red lights flashing). The red lights also flash until about 9AM and then it gets going again.

Do you think this is because we all are getting less sunlight now? Manual says that red lights flashing indicates a charging condition, but it seems weird that the runtime would drop off this dramatically.

Mine's been going pretty strong since about that time as well, maybe a bit earlier. The past couple of days, however, I noticed that the Betta does not make it through the night (red lights flashing). The red lights also flash until about 9AM and then it gets going again.

Do you think this is because we all are getting less sunlight now? Manual says that red lights flashing indicates a charging condition, but it seems weird that the runtime would drop off this dramatically.
Mine won’t make it though the night if I run it continuously for several days in a row. I usually don’t do this as I have to run my robot a lot, so it doesn’t usually become an issue for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. I just looked at the manual again and it recommended cleaning the solar panels, so I will try that and see if runtime improves.

I have had my Instapark Pool Skimmer since beginning of June and the exact same thing just happened end of August. Blue and Red lights flashing, propellers stop working. Sent email to Instapark for repair or refund. When this is running, it is life changing. Love it. I hope I get a replacement without issues 💕
Hi Shelly. You may have received your replacement already but if not don't worry about it's strange operation. Mine flashes the blue and red lights and stops running every few days, sometimes for over 3 hours, then it just starts up again. I went through 5 of these things until I finally realized that all of the odd flashing it does is not anything to be worried about (unless of course it never re-starts).

Mine does the same thing at different times. Sometimes it runs all night then stops to recharge during the day. Other times it seems to run all day and night. These things have very idiosyncratic behavior and I have stopped worrying about it as long as it always re-starts.

On my second unit that was a warranty replacement. The first one stopped working within a year but the second one is working fine.
That's been my experience also. I'm hoping my current one lasts well beyond the end of the warranty (this June) but we will see. Not sure what I will do if it dies. These work SO well when they work...I may bite the bullet and get another one.

That's been my experience also. I'm hoping my current one lasts well beyond the end of the warranty (this June) but we will see. Not sure what I will do if it dies. These work SO well when they work...I may bite the bullet and get another one.
You can call them and see if they will let you trade it in on the beta 2, before it dies.

They charged me $200.00. I then purchased the three year warranty for $60.00 as you only have 30 days to register it and buy the extended warranty on it. So for $260.00 you know you get at least three years out of it.
Ok I may look into that. Did u need to return your existing unit?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.