Installing inground pool liner for 18x36

Aug 16, 2016
Ruther Glen, va
Has anybody installed their own pool liner? For inground pool. I have watched a lot of videos and it doesn't seen all that bad. Can anyone that has done it give me any advise that you would think would help. Errors you made, how not to make errors ect... Is it possible, can it be done?? A thread you posted so I can read it. Anything of some help would be nice.
thank you

you need to make sure you are prepared with all your gaskets and fittings. you can lower the water to under the returns and check the skimmers/returns to see if you need them. if you have main drains those too, some fittings dont use gasket. also pool could need repair to the bottom, the walls, is there foam, etc. its not that hard to do really, if its measured right it goes in easy on a warm sunny day with 2 helpers. just line up the seams in liner so it sits straight and water set the steps before you cut, dont rely on vacuum alone

The pool is empty. I plan to buy all new gaskets and one of my returns plate is cracked so i will buy new ones. I watched pool warehouse videos to install and measure which I plan on doing tomorrow. What do you mean by line up the seams? Do you mean make sure the same seam is exactly across the pool? Set the steps? Do you mean make sure the step plates are in place before cutting all the skimmers and bottom drains?

Attachments

• CB255871-5AD8-4152-A529-82BFEE1709E1.jpeg
    CB255871-5AD8-4152-A529-82BFEE1709E1.jpeg
    620.4 KB · Views: 38
You should never empty the pool til your ready. All gaskets and measuring is with pool water in. The pool water is holding up your pools walls against the earth. It's simple. You open liner up and get it close. You watched the videos so you vacuumed and are ready. You look at the seams across short way and line up the liner so its square. You set the bead as you go around and reach into skimmer throat with vacuum about 6" below behind liner. On average shop vac hose you have to cut the adapter on end off so you can get hose to lay somewhat flat behind liner. Tape off skimmer Round hose with duct tape. Once it's where you want it turn vac on and get it tight. You feel for main drain and only get screws in first then cut the drain. Add water vac on whole time. Dont cut anything else til water is an inch from stair beads. Then install stair gaskets and cut them in. Cut in skimmer and returns when they are close. If you set stairs with just vacuum and no water weight you end up pulling on liner down the road. Pool pros do this due to time issues but you have all day. Water set is best. Hard part is cutting your new liner. It's an easy job measurements have to be good the liner stretches alot for deep end the rest matters more

You should never empty the pool til your ready. All gaskets and measuring is with pool water in. The pool water is holding up your pools walls against the earth. It's simple. You open liner up and get it close. You watched the videos so you vacuumed and are ready. You look at the seams across short way and line up the liner so its square. You set the bead as you go around and reach into skimmer throat with vacuum about 6" below behind liner. On average shop vac hose you have to cut the adapter on end off so you can get hose to lay somewhat flat behind liner. Tape off skimmer Round hose with duct tape. Once it's where you want it turn vac on and get it tight. You feel for main drain and only get screws in first then cut the drain. Add water vac on whole time. Dont cut anything else til water is an inch from stair beads. Then install stair gaskets and cut them in. Cut in skimmer and returns when they are close. If you set stairs with just vacuum and no water weight you end up pulling on liner down the road. Pool pros do this due to time issues but you have all day. Water set is best. Hard part is cutting your new liner. It's an easy job measurements have to be good the liner stretches alot for deep end the rest matters more
Thank you. My pool drained it’s self over the winter months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.