Installing IC60 on Easytouch upgrade

Mar 26, 2014
League City, TX
Any help to any of what I'm saying below would be good.
Just Purchased a IC60 and a Easytouch Upgrade for My Compool.
I've been reading manuals online and trying to do as much research as possible before it all gets here. Still not sure how I can connect my IC60 directly to the Easytouch. I purchased a power center just in case but everything i am seeing at this point I still need the power center, even though I've been told that I don't. Does anybody have a link to detailed instructions, including actual pictures not manual because the manual doesn't say where to connect the intellichlor, of how to connect the IC60 to an Easytouch upgrade. If anyone can take a picture of how it's connected and send it to me that would be great.
If you have a picture of a CPxxxx with your IC60/40/15 that would be great
Im considering sitting on my lx3600 untill it goes bad. I've spent enough and still have to buy a new controller if I want to use the easytouch. Assuming I can still use my original poolside remote, which I've read that I can.
This is my lx3600 right now. I guess they installed a new board before me. It also has 3 breakers on the transformer, again an upgrade at some point
My compool20170716_111230[1].jpg

The easy touch system is basically just a bunch of relays. There is an easy touch model number with the swg power supply built into it w which is what I installed. If you don't have that version, you will end up connecting power cables to the swg power supply to one of the relays. Typically the same relay as the main pool pump. However if you have a variable speed put that may not be true. There should be a signal wire from the swg that you will connect to the easy touch board so that it can be controlled and you can see statistics.

What is your model number. I'm being told by inyopools that going from the Compool 3400 that I don't need the power supply. If that's the case, can you take a picture of where you have it connected. I know the communication port j20 is where I connect the communication wires but it's the power I'm hung up on. I just don't know why I need the power supply as my system has the transformer already.

Everything arrived and will be installing tomorrow. Looking at the picture, where I circled, I'm assuming this is the load side and where I connect the power wires for my power center for the IC60. I still don't understand why I need the power center if I have the transformer.
And if I don't need the power center where do I connect the power cables to?

Please help, Pentair manuals are the worst and I have scoured the board for information.
167284e5a39e247779cf6337331cc562.jpg

Above my knowledge base. Mixing manufacturers sounds odd but it must be OK.

If InyoPools is telling you something, have them tell you how to hook it up!

Take care.

I did the Compool to EasyTouch upgrade on an ancient Compool LX-10 Timemaster that was failing. I love it, and now have a fully functional EasyTouch 8 system. The transformer you are talking about refers to the fact that early Compool systems did not have the required transformer for the EasyTouch board. Newer Compool systems did. That transformer has nothing to do with the SWG system. You need to install a separate enclosure with a power supply for the SWG. The EasyTouch will control the SWG via a data cable to the EasyTouch that shares a connector with other components such as a VS pump or ScreenLogic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.