Riverside
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm looking to use some of the extra relays after upgrading my Pentair Easy Touch 4 to and 8.

I think the first obvious choice is something I've wanted for years... a spa blower.

Wiring through conduit to the control box should be pretty straight forward, I'm just curious on the plumbing.

Spa is about 50 feet from equipment. Is it as simple as just cutting off the 2 inch pipe just below the existing orifice, inserting a check valve and set the blower motor on top? Do I need to worry about airloops or back pressure calculations?

I'm looking at a Polaris QT 1HP 120V on offerup.20210412_091555.jpg

Is it as simple as just cutting off the 2 inch pipe just below the existing orifice, inserting a check valve and set the blower motor on top? Do I need to worry about airloops or back pressure calculations?

I would give it a try but not cut the pipe yet. Remove the cap and duct tape over the orifice, put the blower on top, and see how it works.

You don't need a CV as water clearly does not come up that open pipe.

I wonder about the jet nozzles you have and if they may cause a problem with the blower. And we don't know exactly how the air loop was plumbed.

If things don't work you just untape the orifice and you are back where you were.

Give it a try and let is know how it works out.

I have fond memories of the pool we had in my childhood with massive air bubbles that lifted 3-4 inches out of the water and thumped your back. We don't get much of anything but water from our current jets.

Bad idea?

If you are not getting much air then a blower may be a good solution. But sometimes people do it for stronger jets but extra air does not always result in stronger jets. That has more to do with water velocity than air velocity.

I recently added a 1.5 horsepower blower to my existing six jet spa. My vent is similar to yours, with the same cap and orifice (probably the same pool builder out of Riverside). If you're after "thump," that's a great way to describe what I got. You can feel it in your chest, like standing next to a speaker at a rock concert. It's loud and definitely adds more air/agitation to the spa. Without the jets on, all you get is large air bubbles directly above the jets at the waterline. I added a diverter valve that allows me to adjust the amount of air directed to the spa. It's a bit intense at full pressure. Sitting in front of a jet results in water/air being blown up to the back of your head and over the edge of the coping. I think mine would have worked well with a 1HP blower.

I bought mine new at $135, so I had little to lose by taking a chance.

Here's my original thread...

Forgot to mention...one concern I had was losing bubbles with the blower off since the air vent would no longer exist. I still get the same amount of bubbles with the blower off as I did prior to installing the unit. The blower allows air to pass through when off.

It's a Bogner Pool. He does a lot in the Inland Empire.

I'm looking at a 1HP on offer up, in Rancho actually.

Thanks, I think you've given me the courage to go for it. I just gotta work on his price.

Where did you get your for $130?

Same Builder.

Check out Pool Supply Unlimited. It's primarily an online retailer, but the main warehouse/showroom is in Ontario (60@ Vineyard). Great online prices and you can pick up to save on shipping costs. I get most of my larger ticket items there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just to close this loop...

I added a 1HP Polaris QT 110V blower by just cutting off the top on the 2" PVC. Taped over the orifice. It's pretty quiet.

The result is EXACTLY what I was going for.

With the spa jets on I get a nice added "Umph" to the back massage.

Without the jets on, the result is different and powerful.

No bleed off valve and no holes drilled in the pipe as of yet.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.