inline Chrlorine feeder

i'm sure most of us had them with our pools when we purchased the house or had the pool built. They are pretty standard in the US.

However

TFP doesn't recommend using tablets for regular chlornation. Trichlor tablets add CYA along with chlorine, and while CYA is very helpful in pool water in the correct amount constant addition will cause it to build up making the chlorine less effective unless levels are kept higher. So while using tablets occasionally makes sense, such as when away from the pool for a few days or other reasons, regular use is discouraged. So generally I wouldn't recommend installing one.

i'm sure most of us had them with our pools when we purchased the house or had the pool built. They are pretty standard in the US.

However

TFP doesn't recommend using tablets for regular chlornation. Trichlor tablets add CYA along with chlorine, and while CYA is very helpful in pool water in the correct amount constant addition will cause it to build up making the chlorine less effective unless levels are kept higher. So while using tablets occasionally makes sense, such as when away from the pool for a few days or other reasons, regular use is discouraged. So generally I wouldn't recommend installing one.
+1

An inexpensive floating dispenser is perfect for the occasional tablet usage.

Here in South Africa we can get non stabilised tabs as well.

The reason why I am looking at this is because the Solar Blanket manufacturer says that you can't use floaters with the blanket and it will void warranty.

You can't use cal-hypo tablets in a trichlor feeder.
And never mix solid chlorine types (trichlor/dichlor with cal-hypo) or you could have a chemical reaction leading to an explosion. Inline feeders should only be used with one type of chlorine.

Why not just use liquid chlorine (bleach) if it is available? No feeder/floater required, and no CYA troubles down the road.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.