Inground Pool Vinyl Liner hole in seam on steps, best patch or repair kit?

samandlexie

May 16, 2022
Clifton, TN 38425, USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have a 2 year old vinyl liner that should be under warranty but the pool company that sold it to me, is possibly gone out of business and I am unable to locate a receipt to be able to get warranty coverage for a replacement. I am searching all my receipts and online statements but if I don’t find it, has anyone been successful at patching a vinyl step seam? If so, what is the best process and repair kit to use for this type of repair. We have patched our old liner before in a flat area and the patch held for a while it just made the vinyl dry and crinkled looking. We wanted to see if there are better products out there now for this sort of repair or some expert guidance in case the warranty info is not located or honored. We bought the pool kit and liner from Sunwest Pools in Las Vegas and the liner was from GLI Pools. We lost so much water after filling our pool that My husband stuffed a piece of vinyl in the hole, so that is just to temporarily stop the bleed until we get a permanent fix. CF4CB3DE-BEAC-427E-BD2C-B233445899F4.jpeg7D069670-04CB-434B-BAE9-7843F113FA47.jpegAE5E55A5-F9EC-4117-97E7-0F29BC63B06A.jpeg

Pool seams are harder to fix but I'd suggest cutting a patch out of the one he has stuffed in there but do it 3 times. 1st patch will be a piece of clear vinyl from a patch kit and boxer glue. 2nd patch you want the clear patch a little larger than the first over top. 3rd patch use the vinyl he has plugging the hole. Make sure it overlaps the other 2 patches. Round the corners. Hope it stays. The seams have a tendency to keep going.

Reactions: samandlexie
Make the patch large enough to grab both sides of the seam. If there is a void there from install issue that's the number one reason they tear on stairs
What is the best vinyl adhesive to get? We have tried some in the past that made the vinyl very brittle and dry after application.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.