Infloor Cleaners

Yvonne Wall

Mar 6, 2019
Utah
We have a new pool with an in-floor cleaner. It does not seem to be cleaning the floor very well. Is there a way I can confirm if it is indeed working properly? There is not any kind of "floor cleaner" button. My understanding is that when the pumps are on to circulate the water, that the infloor cleaning automatically comes on. I had the pumps going for an hour yesterday as I brushed the pool, and the cleaning heads never came up.

Look for the distribution valve -

F043E1A2-F5DE-4681-B088-7D9F6F07502F.png

And see if there’s a pressure gauge on it. Trace the valve back to the equipment pad and make sure there isn’t another control valve shutting it off. If it has a pressure gauge and water is flowing to it, make a note of the pressure on the gauge. Some distribution valves require a certain amount of flow to make them work.

Post some pictures of what you find.

Y,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to learn all about how your new pool operates...

In-Floor systems are plumbed in many different ways... If you will post a few pics of your equipment pad from different angles, we should be able to provide you with better answers..

Do you have any type of automation system?

Wish you had joined TFP before having your new pool built...

Thanks,

Jim R.

What RPM are you running your pump at? Who is the manufacturer of your infloor system? A few pics of your equipment pad and the water distribution valve - as Jim asked for - will help us to better help you.

I’ll chime in since my time as a IFCS owner May soon be coming to an end (sold home, in escrow). Sounds like it’s a new-to-you pool otherwise the builder is derelict in teaching you about the new gadget. If you can send a pic of the valve as Matt shows an example of and your equipment pad. If heads aren’t poppping up and pump is on, could also be water-direction (“Jandy or 3 way valves”) are supplying spa or maybe you have wall supply lines also?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.