Inflatable ring valve leak

Aug 29, 2017
Durham, UK
I have a 10 foot Bestway fast set pool. 3rd year of using. It was fine when put away last year. This year the inflatable ring around the top is deflating within 30 minutes (it was taking a couple of days to deflate when first set up about 3 months ago, but is now deflating fast) every time it's pumped up, & is losing the air from the valve.

This has made the cover impossible to put on so I can't protect the water in the pool from outside elements now either.

The English summer is fast disappearing & my children would love to get a final couple of weeks' worth of enjoyment from their pool, & to be able to use it again next year, so any helpful advice would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

If I cover the valve with a vinyl patch the air just pushes it's way out again pretty quickly. Any ideas please?

Thanks. I keep thinking about pool noodles! However...

...before I do anything drastic, I forgot to mention, when I inflate the ring & go to plug it, the stopper just pushes back out, presumably because of the pressure of the air (even when the tube is not completely full), & I have to 'coax' the stopper in & twist it back & forth a little to stop the air audibly hissing out, this slows the escaping air flow a bit, but obviously not completely.

So I was wondering if there could be a simple solution regarding this, does anyone know? Thanks. ?

Thanks. I keep thinking about pool noodles! However...

...before I do anything drastic, I forgot to mention, when I inflate the ring & go to plug it, the stopper just pushes back out, presumably because of the pressure of the air (even when the tube is not completely full), & I have to 'coax' the stopper in & twist it back & forth a little to stop the air audibly hissing out, this slows the escaping air flow a bit, but obviously not completely.

So I was wondering if there could be a simple solution regarding this, does anyone know? Thanks. ?
The only thing I can think of is an expanding stopper, but not sure you could find one small enough

Actually I just found some links where people replace the valve with an inflatable boat valve, it involves some diy skill, but definitely doable!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.