Ineffective return jets

n00bling

Sep 10, 2021
Sydney
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm the new owner of a fairly old pool that is about 16m x 6m in size. There are only 2 return jets in the pool and they don't seem to do a great job of circulating water in the pool. They are also old return jets that are just pipes with no "eyeballs" in them.

What options do I have to perhaps install eyeball jets or to make the return jets more effective?

N,

I have a three pools.. One has 4 returns, one has 3 returns, and one has just 2 returns.. While the more returns the better, the one that only has 2 returns seems to work just fine.. They do all have eyeballs. The eyeballs allow you to "try" to make the water swirl, like a toilet bowl, but obviously with much, much slower movement.

What actual problem do you have now that you hope to fix with better circulation??

Thanks,

Jim R.

What is the problem that you think circulating water better in your pool will fix?

I read that good circulation of the pool is important generally speaking to ensure debris eventually makes its way around to the skimmer.

For me specifically there is a part of the pool near the steps that seems to be consistently dirtier than other parts of the pool. There is usually a lot more bugs, leaves, dirt in that part of the pool than anywhere else and I suspect water isn't circulating well there.

Maybe the return fittings are missing? What is the diameter of the pipe? There are many options in our part of the world for 1.5" return fittings. For non-threaded pipe, you could use "self-aligning" return fittings that press-fit into the wall return plumbing.

Yeah the return fittings were never there when we moved into the house.

I don't believe the pipe is threaded. Thanks I'll look into "self-aligning" return fittings!!

Looking at my return jets, the pipes aren't perpendicular to the walls and are angled at around 45 degrees. The ends of the pipes have been sawn off to be flush with the edge of the pool. Are there return jets that are angled like that? Or would there be other options =|

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.