Indentations in pool floor

I am in the middle of having a 16x32 inground pool installed and the pool floor was finished and liner layed in on Thursday and on Sunday while the water was filling up my daughter got in and was walking around the shallow end and several large indentations formed where she pushed off with her feet so I walked in and was able to push down and create indentations also...mostly along where the pool starts to slope into the deep end but also around the edges in the shallow I end. I have called our contractor who is to come back out today but wanted second opinions for when he gives me his cause for this and solution. I believe they did a poolkrete bottom. Thanks!

the soil underneath is going to compact as they fill the pool, if the indentations are still there after a few of water is in, then make them remove it and fix it. Do NOT accept poor craftsmanship, and dont be talked into accepting something you are not happy. you are the customer and paying a premium to a contractor to deliver what you paid for. Do NOT accept anything short of that, regardless of the belly aching and whining the contractor may do.

Hate to say this but possibly you are at fault and not the builder. Did the builder tell you it was okay to be in the pool. If not then this is on you to do the fix , just depends on the builder. I tell my homeowners they can't get in until I give them the OK.

The builder and crew were in the pool walking around an hour before cleaning and after three days of a liner being in and the pool halfway full I would think the bottom should have been hard enough to not leave footprints. Also, the builder did not give any instructions not to enter pool.

Hate to say this but possibly you are at fault and not the builder. Did the builder tell you it was okay to be in the pool. If not then this is on you to do the fix , just depends on the builder. I tell my homeowners they can't get in until I give them the OK.

So what are the circumstances that would make it OK or not, and what is a typical time on this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.