Increased prices on solar covers?

Jun 1, 2016
Maine
So, I'm in the market for a new solar cover for my 20x40 pool. My last cover is disintegrating and I'm getting the little blue discs all over. I'm ALMOST positive I bought my last cover for about $100. I'm looking at Amazon right now and they are going for $300. Is that right? I can't find my receipt for the last purchase, but I would have SWORN it was not that much.

Am I doomed to spend a bunch of money?

Welcome to inflation -------

The size I use is about double what I paid two years ago.

I purchased a cover in March, and noticed they have gone up significantly since. Check out my post in the thread below for a discount code that may help you out. Not sure if it's still valid.

I saw another thread that suggests the polypropylene used to make the covers as well as chlorine have become hard to get due to Covid PPE and sanitizer demands. There is also the likelihood that Chinese imports, fuel costs (shipping), labor shortages are a factor.

You made me look. I bought my 20x40 solar cover from Pool Supplies on April 16. I bought the 1200 series blue cover and I paid $159.99. Today, they are priced at $239.99 on their website.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.