**Inactive*** Rebar rust and prep for StoneScapes Mini

Your pictures give no context as to the size and position of what is shown. Show us some overall pictures of the pool and identify where those close up shots are.

Shotcrete without rebar in it has little structural strength. Putting a layer of shotcrete on with no rebar tieing new to old will just give you a cold joint and crack.

Plaster does not need a smooth base.

@AQUA~HOLICS is in your area.

Reactions: onBalance
My opinion from the seeing these photos is that you need to have an actual expert in this type of fied as to what is causing the current situation. I don’t feel that all the information has been gathered to see if other areas of concern are also present but have not shown up at this point in time. Experts in this field have the proper tools and most importantly the knowledge to best advise you on how to properly correct this so it will not occur again in the future.

My opinion from the seeing these photos is that you need to have an actual expert in this type of fied as to what is causing the current situation. I don’t feel that all the information has been gathered to see if other areas of concern are also present but have not shown up at this point in time. Experts in this field have the proper tools and most importantly the knowledge to best advise you on how to properly correct this so it will not occur again in the future.

Last edited:
They also cost a lot of $$$
So do structural mistakes, Or stress issues from age that you have the ability to address at the moment.

How soon do you wish to revist all this ? Is longevity worth the experts fees ? The fix will likely cost more as well, but will be cheaper in the long run.

Reactions: jliken