In water bar stool question

Hi, I'm new here but I thought I'd ask for any advice you all might have.
Does anyone know what the industry standard for distance between top of in-water bar stool and top of bar counter top is? We are currently having a pool built and the three bar stools are installed. However, I sat on one the other day and noticed they were too short. I could barely put my forearms on the counter top while sitting on the stool. I measured the distance to to be 24" and if I can barely reach the top then no one else in my family will be able to use this.
The builder is giving us push-back saying, "They may be able to install a plastic top to raise it 2" or so but there's nothing else they can do about it."
Is this legit? Can't they raise the stools by pouring some more gunite? Is there any sort of published industry standard distance between top of the stool and top of the side of the pool for safety reasons? There's no height specified on my contract or drawings but this is ridiculous.
They've messed up multiple things on this install but this one is unacceptable. Don't know what to do to fix this since I'm new to the pool world. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ed

Attachments

• Pool Stools.jpg
    Pool Stools.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Angry
Reactions: Vukota12
That looks too low.

I don't think that there is any published standard for in pool barstools.

However, the distance for standard barstools and countertops would apply.

The references that I found indicate that the distance is too much.

Find a few references for standard barstools and countertops to show the builder.

In my opinion, the distance is unacceptable and it needs to be fixed.

There are no industry standards for stool or bar tops in pools.

Measure the distance between a normal bar stool and countertop. Standard bar-height stools should have seat heights of 29 to 32 inches. These stools are paired with table heights of 41 to 43 inches. This is the average bar-stool height and fits most home bars, bar tables, and kitchen islands built for dining.

The PB can raise them. It is just a bunch of work. They need to put round forms on top to the height you want it. Drill some holes in the tops and epoxy some pieces of rebar in to structurally connect the new concrete with the old. Then fill the from with concrete.

Was it planned for some sort of seat to be put on top of what is there?

@jimmythegreek what do you think?

In my opinion, the fix would be relatively easy.

Drill some holes in the concrete to insert rebar, put a new cardboard tube on top of the old one, tape it together and then pour in some new concrete.

Or they could remove the current concrete and redo them.

12 to 15" is what's usually done. That's to the bar top.
In your case easy fix. Drill amd epoxy some bar and extend the same size sonotube up the height you need. Maybe bonding agent for good measure. He just doesnt wanna bother doing it its busy times in pool world

Thanks to everyone for responding.

ajw22, they were not designed to have a seat on top or anything.

I'll mention to him about drilling holes into the top of the stools and inserting rebar and pouring an additional 12" to raise it.

Jimmy, I know this is their busy season but the funny thing is we signed the contract in August 2020, they broke ground in October 2020 and they still haven't gotten around to even pouring the deck yet. At this rate, we'll have a dug up back yard until 2022!
Thanks again for responding!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.