Imagine Illusion 40 Complete 10/19/21

I've seen a bunch of these fiberglass pools with just one skimmer. I'm just going with the one n hope for the best.
Casey, I've got one and do just fine. Fortunately, the skimmer is on the downwind side of the pool. So you might keep that (pool and skimmer position) in mind so that the wind blows junk to the skimmer.

Reactions: Casey
Casey, I've got one and do just fine. Fortunately, the skimmer is on the downwind side of the pool. So you might keep that (pool and skimmer position) in mind so that the wind blows junk to the skimmer.
Wind is so directional here. It can blow any way it wants. Being a hunter n playing the wind every day I go out, some days I just cant hunt where I want to sit.

Not just because i wanted 2 skimmers. Did all the research and wind history and placed it downwind. Then the neighboor built his house and the wind changed 180 due to venturi effect. So all the research out the window, or blown out shall i say. The second skimmer is just in case scenario.

Reactions: Newdude
Not just because i wanted 2 skimmers. Did all the research and wind history and placed it downwind. Then the neighboor built his house and the wind changed 180 due to venturi effect. So all the research out the window, or blown out shall i say. The second skimmer is just in case scenario.

I had a pool with 1 skimmer and now a pool with 2 skimmers. 2 for me has been much better at keeping up with floating debris. I hardly ever have to use a net to get anything out of the pool, the skimmer do a great job at tag teaming depending on which way the wind blows. I would personally never build a custom pool with one skimmer.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Man, I am so excited and happy for you, Casey! I can't wait to see this play out!

I have 2 skimmers, because my PB is good, not because I knew any better at the time. I have one that catches more than the other but they both do their fair share of heavy lifting. I very seldom use a net. We get wind from all directions as well. In case you haven't heard... Oklahoma is where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains. And it's for serious. :laughblue:

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went ahead and pulled the paperwork for the zoning and building permit. I have a call into my PB and Fence Guy to get back to me so I can get the permits into the county and approved before August. I'm unsure if there is a covid back log. I know they're good for 6 months.

Still waiting on the bank to deposit the funds. Today is day 4. They said 3-5 days. With tomorrow being a weekend, it could be deposited Monday. Once recieved, I'll call PB and have him order all my equipment, the slide and the pool to be made.

I'm excited to get this started.

I went ahead and pulled the paperwork for the zoning and building permit. I have a call into my PB and Fence Guy to get back to me so I can get the permits into the county and approved before August. I'm unsure if there is a covid back log. I know they're good for 6 months.

Still waiting on the bank to deposit the funds. Today is day 4. They said 3-5 days. With tomorrow being a weekend, it could be deposited Monday. Once recieved, I'll call PB and have him order all my equipment, the slide and the pool to be made.

I'm excited to get this started.
Has your AGP sold yet? Time to update your sig?

Has your AGP sold yet? Time to update your sig?
Haven't sold it yet. I figure once all the companies dry up, it'll be easier to move the pool. Some people feel like it's a go iui d deal at $3k and some people are put off about the price. It's a full set up. Everything except sand and 16 pavers. I'll sit on it. I dont care either way. The overtime at the prison is plentiful. I just have to show up n they throw money at me.

Haven't sold it yet. I figure once all the companies dry up, it'll be easier to move the pool. Some people feel like it's a go iui d deal at $3k and some people are put off about the price. It's a full set up. Everything except sand and 16 pavers. I'll sit on it. I dont care either way. The overtime at the prison is plentiful. I just have to show up n they throw money at me.
Are you guys hiring? 😬😬

Are you guys hiring? 😬😬
We've been hiring. We have roughly 50-60 trainees running around but they will never get a handle on the OT when the weather breaks because no body wants to be locked in a prison when it's nice out. And that's when tempers flare. It's hot and dangerous.

So I have a question. Why wouldn't a PB put a heater bypass on when they know if the heater goes out, you'd still need it? I just asked my PB and he said he doesn't put them on. I asked him to add one n I'd pay for it. He said he didn't want extra for it just remind him. If he's putting a heater on, why wouldn't he add a bypass for maintenance purposes? If I didnt mention it and I needed to maintenance the heater for whatever reason, how ugly could that get?

So I have a question. Why wouldn't a PB put a heater bypass on when they know if the heater goes out, you'd still need it? I just asked my PB and he said he doesn't put them on. I asked him to add one n I'd pay for it. He said he didn't want extra for it just remind him. If he's putting a heater on, why wouldn't he add a bypass for maintenance purposes? If I didnt mention it and I needed to maintenance the heater for whatever reason, how ugly could that get?

We can't explain all the dumb stuff pool builders do.

Make sure he installs the bypass using a 3 way diverter and a check valve, not two valves that could set you up to dead head the pump.

Can I just say that I hate docusign?! I hate it. I had to do it for the house n now this n I always mess it up. I'm just a dumb CO. LOL They are resending it. I'll get it right eventually.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.