Imagine Illusion 40 Complete 10/19/21

I am going to ask about a price on more concrete. I know when I do this decking, I need to get it all at once rather than trying to add to it in the future. I'm thinking 5ft on the step side of the pool, 5ft on short ends and 9ft on the straight side for pool furniture ect... which will face the step entrance. When I look out my big bay window, I want to see the pool steps with the deep end on the left. So when I get into the pool, I'm looking up at the house and the pool furniture. Does that make sense? It does to me lol I need to go out and grab a can of spray paint n mark the back and side fence lines before he comes out so he knows what hes got to work with. I'm having the fence put in 4ft from my thuja green giants so as they grow, they'll engulf the chain link and disappear (I can have a chain link as long as a softball can not fit through it). The only fence you'll see is the front of it which will span the rest of the yard. I want to push the pool as close to the bottom of the property as i can to accommodate it because the sun sets behind the house and I want to try to keep most of the afternoon/evening sun on it as possible.

When those thuja are 5 years old, I'll never see that house, the road or any other neighbor. Also... I think if I do push it as far down to the road as I can, itll be harder to see as people are coming down the other road from above my house once the thuja take off.

Attachments

• 20210309_130523.jpg
    20210309_130523.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 41
Here is my survey with some info blurred. Pool is going to right of structure/house. I wanted this house for the big yard aka pool!

Attachments

• 20210313_053102.jpg
    20210313_053102.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: newdude
I got the original pool quote for the liner pool. 20×40 with bench and corner step... $76,200. I think that's outrageously high. I've never seen pools cost so much as they do over the last year! Its crazy!

I have gone back to the "Illusion 40" 7ft deep end and a slide. I just spoke to my insurance company again and asked why I can't have one n they said you can you just have to pay more for it. I said ok. I want the slide.

So my builder is coming out tomorrow and we will have a contract drawn up for the "Illusion 40" with this slide at the deep end. I'm having him give me a quote for extra decking and we'll be set. He said I'm going to have a lot of swimming space that it's a big pool n adding the slide would be a great addition for Princess. I think im going to go over her head n change the finish of the pool to match the grey slide n go with storm grey.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-133601_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-133601_Samsung Internet.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20210310-132218_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210310-132218_Samsung Internet.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20210310-132306_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210310-132306_Samsung Internet.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20210310-132224_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210310-132224_Samsung Internet.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 60
Daughter told me that Princess knows. I'm going to call her today n see what she says.

Happy to hear you're getting a new pool, Casey, congratulations! Design and color are excellent choices. The color looks very similar to ours and we've been happy with it. I help out on one dark pool and it's hard to see stuff like worms on the bottom (which I like to scoop out right away, haha). Can't wait to see some pics of it going in :)

Reactions: Casey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Make sure you take dig day off and have HRM with you. I did and I let the kids play hookey to watch. There were nose prints on our sliding glass door at 3ft, 4ft and 6ft that day.

Happy to hear you're getting a new pool, Casey, congratulations! Design and color are excellent choices. The color looks very similar to ours and we've been happy with it. I help out on one dark pool and it's hard to see stuff like worms on the bottom (which I like to scoop out right away, haha). Can't wait to see some pics of it going in :)
I'm texting with my builder and he's telling me I will be swimming this summer.

Make sure you take dig day off and have HRM with you. I did and I let the kids play hookey to watch. There were nose prints on our sliding glass door at 3ft, 4ft and 6ft that day.
I'm using my stress day for DIG DAY!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-141506_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-141506_Chrome.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 68
Ok guys... last minute questions I need to be asking my pool builder when he comes over this evening. I have all my paperwork into the loan company. The only thing I'm waiting on is this contract from pool builder.

+1. Fiberglass builds are the worst for upfront payment to cover the shell. You need more than $750 left afterwards to have some bargaining power if it’s not level.

+1. Fiberglass builds are the worst for upfront payment to cover the shell. You need more than $750 left afterwards to have some bargaining power if it’s not level.
He wants half the build up front to cover cost of pool shell and equipment which I think is reasonable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.