Bronze Supporter
Dec 25, 2021
Henderson, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 15,000 gallon pool with a raised spa about 2 feet above the pool with a spill-over and a Caretaker 5 in-floor cleaning system. This is my second year with this pool and I don't love the in-floor cleaning system, so when it stopped cycling through, I got a robot, which I absolutely love, however, the spa wasn't getting any substantial return flow water unless I programmed it into spillover, which raises my pH. From reading other threads a few recommended removing the guts to make a system that is just returns. My thought was that it would then go back to the only thing I loved about the in-floors, the great circulation of water, surface movement to the skimmer and adding water to the spa.

So I removed the guts, and absolutely no water goes to the spa what so ever now. It seems it flows to least resistance and the flow is really high at the lowest points in the pool.

In order to get the surface movement, water circulation through out the pool and water back into the spa do you recommend:
1. Buy a rebuild kit, and be annoyed that I don't really want it.
2. Put back a couple broken pistons to "plug up" the holes and force water into the two or three I really want to work.
3. Some other idea I didn't think of.

I really have no idea what pipe goes to what zone, but I am guessing the only pipe with water in it closest to the spa is the correct zone. Also I'm hoping to not take the caretaker apart a bunch of times to try #2, as my caretaker is flush with the ground and annoying to get out. I'm also worried that plugging up a couple of holes might just make the ones on the steps super high flow and nothing to the spa either way.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks

I believe the Aqualink can have a Spillover scheduled. Have you investigated that?
I have however, when it sucks 100% of the water from the skimmer and dumps it all into the spa the waterfall shoots far and fast. I don't want to have to constantly treat the high pH raise, which is already an issue I have to watch closely. Even at 1000 RPM, which is the lowest I can go for the pump to work the spillover is super forceful, and useless for any skimmer action. I'm just looking for some gentle water circulation like before with the spillover and normal water circulation. Is this not possible?

I'm just looking for some gentle water circulation like before with the spillover and normal water circulation. Is this not possible?
Lower the rpm more when in Spillway. And schedule it for 15 minutes or so twice a day. No reason to run it continuously.

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.