Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
My thumb fingers first wrote "sick method"

Anyway. I have an extremely fine hand skimmer. The mesh is setup to collect tiny bugs or other fine particles from the surface.
I've been using this instead of a sock for a while, hanging out in front of my waterfall.
New idea: I have the old Polaris pool cleaner setup. I use it for chemical dispersal. Hmm. Hang the CYA in front of the Polaris water stream. Genius!
20220515_090851.jpg20220515_090916.jpg

Link to my old method

The advantage to what I'm proposing:

The net holds a lot of CYA and it is easy to load. It sits low in the water and the stream from the old pool cleaner line puts a lot of water through the bag, and makes it "sail". Shorter time to dissolve and better dispersal.

Reactions: Sunnydaze
I usually fill a bucket of water with hot tap water, dump in the stabilizer and mix it up. It won’t totally dissolve into the water but the hot water does seem to make it easier for the pool water to dissolve it. If the sun is strong that day I’ll let the bucket sit out in the sun too. Then I just dump it slowly into the skimmer basket and it dissolves fairly quickly. I use hair nets in my skimmer baskets so they take the place of a sock. This method has been simple and effective for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.