Geminisq

May 23, 2021
LargoFL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just wanted to update that we ordered our new ABG pool! After the horrible tragedy of our pool collapsing a month ago, we have really missed our pool. I'm treating the pool site and 2 ft around it with Sedge grass killer as I did with the previous pool. Thankfully we already have our ladder, Gorilla pad and pump. Other than the pool and liner we only had to order the lower strainer as the pvc broke the housing. I'm so excited to have a pool again and don't even care that we have to install it in Florida August heat 😆. My only question at the moment is this: What is the best way to check the level of pavers that go under the metal bases where the bottom rings connect? TIA and I can't wait to post the pics of the new pool!

Congrats on the new pool! You can use a water level to level the pavers, then find the paver where the ground was lowest and make that paver #1. Paver 1 will be your reference point as you go to each paver to make sure they are level all the way around. You check paver 1 to paver 2 then paver 1 to paver 3 and so forth all the way around.

Reactions: Geminisq
Because we don't know if it was running when the pool collapsed. If it was on, I'm sure the GFCI switched off but Idk how far into the collapse that would have happened. New pool should arrive this week.

You can turn it on but be ready to turn it right off with in a min or so. Why do you worry about your pump?
When the pool collapsed Idk if the pump was running of if/when the GFCI kicked off. While I was flipping out on the phone with my hubby-he said ' go turn off the breaker' so I did. You should be able to see my post from when it collapsed, a mod posted my pics as I was not able to.

New pool arrived on Wednesday. We spent Thursday & Friday after work finishing site prep & leveling pavers. We have run into an issue with size of the pool and excess liner. We have to widen out the area of the whole pool so that there is not excess liner. Any suggestions on the best way to do that?

Attachments

• 20210823_061701.jpg
    20210823_061701.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210823_061710.jpg
    20210823_061710.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210822_190729_HDR.jpg
    20210822_190729_HDR.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 15
I may be wrong but I feel like your liner is like a foot too big. Is it possible you put the top rails of the pool in the wrong holes in the plate and it is pushing the top of the pool in? Are you sure it’s sitting flat along the sides around the rest of the pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I may be wrong but I feel like your liner is like a foot too big. Is it possible you put the top rails of the pool in the wrong holes in the plate and it is pushing the top of the pool in? Are you sure it’s sitting flat along the sides around the rest of the pool
I don't think so but I will look at them to be sure. We are going to remove and reset the liner as recommended by the instructions I found this morning that were in a different box than the one the liner came in 🙄 If all else fails, read the instructions 🤦 I'm totally embarrassed by this but we didn't have the instruction sheet for the liner when we installed it yesterday. So we used the top rails to hold the liner in place and went around the circle putting it on. I'll bet the redo will come out way differently. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.