I'm Assuming I'm Okay

Sep 7, 2018
Kansas
The pool is clear, the water feels fine, so far so good. I just would like someone to look at my log and see if I should do anything. I'm never in the ideal range for anything. I don't want to start a yo-yo effect by trying too hard to get it on the money. The only extra I have done this year is to bring up my CH and I think it is in an okay range, even though the app says not ideal. Only my second year and I've learned so much from this forum and website. Thank you to everyone who's helped me out in the past.

The one thing that concerns me is the low FC. You have a fairly high CYA, and it looks to have been higher last month. It's okay now for summer as long as you don't add anymore stabilizer or use pucks. But if you look at the FC/CYA Levels for a non-salt pool, your FC has been low. That could also explain the elevated CC level which is always a red flag. I would increase the FC to about 6-8 today and give the pool a good brushing. It needs some good sanitization. If the CC is still elevated tonight or tomorrow, consider doing an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to make sure algae hasn't already started to grow. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you might be counting on the app to be smarter than you and take care of your pool. It won't do that.

I really don't mean that to sound harsh but I see it over and over on the forum wherein folks put in the chemistry and then stand back......hoping everything gets fixed.

At TFP we want you to learn WHY you are adding that chemistry (or leaving it alone). Always, always start by reading "The "ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. The ranges you will learn there and the purpose of all the parameters becomes clear and you are on your way to becoming your own expert.

BTW, your numbers look pretty good and you are wise not to see-saw but I don't see that happening.

I just reran my FC and CC after adding my liquid chlorine this morning. 3 hours later 7.5 FC 1 CC
I brush my walls every 3 days, use my WaterTech Pool Blaster Vacuum everyday and use the pool vacuum head that connects with the hose thru the skimmer once a week. I back flush when my PSI goes up 3 to 5 PSI about every 2 to 3 weeks. My pool pump runs 24/7. There are always seeds and leaves in my pool, as I am by tall trees. I surface skim clean a couple times a day. That's the skinny on my pool care.

Looking at the numbers,

The huge majority of items are very acceptable. I wouldn’t run around just yet stressing about any item in your pool. That said, a CC level of 1 does show something is growing in your water. Hit it quickly by preforming a SLAM Process. Your water looks great so I suspect if you start quickly the process won’t take long.

Looking at all your other items, don’t stress any of them. Every item is inside of the Recommended range so please, enjoy the water!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for your input. Maybe I will run an OCLT just for my record.

You’re very quickly learning! Well done!! While the App strongly pushes users towards perfecting their levels its most powerful when combined with some knowledge from the user. You’re doing a great job bringing that to the table.

Well done

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.