IG Heat pump sizing

Apr 23, 2013
Destin, Fl
I'm pretty much a lurker here, but learn something new every day.

We're looking to install a heat pump for our IG pool. I'm not exactly sure of the volume of our pool, but I will attach what the builders gave us before installation - pretty crude, but that's all I have. It goes from 3' in the shallow end to 6' in the deep end. I estimate it to be 25,000 gallons.

Our pool is on the south side of our house (Florida) and gets direct sun most of the day, so it gets very warm. So not only would we like to extend our pool season in the spring and fall, but we'd also like to be able to cool it during the summer.

The Hayward HP31204T Titanium HeatPro Heat Pump 120K is what we're looking at purchasing. I found it at a decent price and we can also get a $400 rebate from our power company. Would this be sufficient for our pool?

HP31204T

Thanks for taking the time to help us out!

Attachments

• Pool 2.jpg
    Pool 2.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 6
120K BTU heat pump is about the largest available. I think Pentair has one speced at 140K. So if you want a heat pump thats the best you can do for heat.

Reactions: outbreak
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.